Food that needs to be eaten in Private

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
a chocolate fountain with plenty of fruit and pound cake, but ....no forks or skewers only fingers (compound this by using the same scenario at a 5 year olds birthday party. Can you say "time to re-carpet?"
~¿ô

Ew.

You realize that stuff doesn't get hot enough to kill the (rapidly reproducing and mounting in that situation) bacteria, don't you? :wacko:

Disease fountain! Yum! :huh:

Hahaha!! I like this post. It makes me think of my first dating when I was in high school. I had spaghetti as my dinner, and it killed me!! hahaha After that I have never had spaghetti unless I'm in private.

Just for the heck of it, and this going back a ways, does anyone remember the eating scene in the movie "Tom Jones"?

I surely do remember that. I was a young teen, and I recall feeling like an intruder watching that scene. One of the truly sexy AND sensuous movie scenes of all time, imho.

hmmmmm. i eat these in private because no one wants to join me. fermented stinky tofu. 40 clove garlic bread. spicy deep fried pigs intestines. chicken butt yakitori. boiled pigs blood. sea cucumber. chicken feet dim sum. roasted fish heads. braised pigs feet. beef tongue tataki. blowfish sashimi. chicken tenderloin sashimi. fermented seaweed paste. blood braised chicken eggs. y u m.

most definitely. well nothings "safe" to eat by FDA standards. beef has ecoli and chicken has salmonella. beef has a tenderloin that has been "untainted" and can be eaten raw as well as other cuts of meat that are never in actual contact with germs from the outside. same applies for chicken and its tenderloin. careful butchering and knife cleaning or knife changing is required in order of the most sanitary way of removing the tenderloin. enjoy.

well nothings "safe" to eat by FDA standards. beef has ecoli and chicken has salmonella.
Well I am not sure I would agree with that. the FDA might go overboard on some things, but there are plenty of safe things according to them.

Sure chicken has salmonella, but the difference between eating properly cooked chicken and raw chicken is that salmonella is killed with heat.

If you enjoy your chicken sashimi though then go for it. I am not one to stand in the way of someone enjoying something. For me, the taste and texture of undercooked chicken is very unappealing so raw chicken, safe or not, would not be my cup of tea.

Well I am not sure I would agree with that. the FDA might go overboard on some things, but there are plenty of safe things according to them.

Sure chicken has salmonella, but the difference between eating properly cooked chicken and raw chicken is that salmonella is killed with heat.

If you enjoy your chicken sashimi though then go for it. I am not one to stand in the way of someone enjoying something. For me, the taste and texture of undercooked chicken is very unappealing so raw chicken, safe or not, would not be my cup of tea.

Blast it with gamma radiation and everything is safe to eat raw.:cool:

What I said is true, but I don't think I'd like many of the meats I eat in their raw state, especially chicken and fish (I know:rolleyes: they're to die for, but you can keep sashimi, balut, and other such gourmet edibles, thank you).

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
(and yet, this guy eats potted meat:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

For me, the food I have to eat in private has more to do with embarrassment than messiness. For instance, no one understands my love for toasted peanut butter and tomato sandwiches, except for my family. So, in order to avoid being mocked, I must make and eat them on the sly :)

I thought I already answered this, but looking, I guess not. For me, of all things, it is sandwiches. I rarely order one in a restaurant. My husband jokes that I take after my father. I swear, for some reason I eat a sandwich and after two bites it turns in to a mess. I can eat some of the messiest foods known to mankind, and a Chinese friend actually told me that I was the most graceful person to handle chopsticks she'd ever met. But hand me a sandwich and it will be all over the plate, my chest, my plate. Why is this?

I thought I already answered this, but looking, I guess not. For me, of all things, it is sandwiches. I rarely order one in a restaurant. My husband jokes that I take after my father. I swear, for some reason I eat a sandwich and after two bites it turns in to a mess. I can eat some of the messiest foods known to mankind, and a Chinese friend actually told me that I was the most graceful person to handle chopsticks she'd ever met. But hand me a sandwich and it will be all over the plate, my chest, my plate. Why is this?
Claire, do you cut your sandwiches in half? I never do cut mine, but I read somewhere that cutting them on a diagonal is the best way to keep everything in place. Once I thought about it for a second it made perfect sense to me.

Claire, do you cut your sandwiches in half? I never do cut mine, but I read somewhere that cutting them on a diagonal is the best way to keep everything in place. Once I thought about it for a second it made perfect sense to me.

I like to do that for messy sandwiches too, not only does it hold together well, but it often makes it look good too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom