Food that needs to be eaten in Private

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vilasman

Senior Cook
Um, are there are some meals or dishes that are so good, and maybe so messy, like BBQ only worse, that...
I am all for good manners and such...
but the dish is so good that you sorta have to get some napkins and a bib and go off somewhere and attack whats on plate and when it's over you either take a nap or
like scooby doo you wish you could stick your whole tongue out and completely wipe your face like a windshield wiper and smile and then you have to rest cause it was just that good?

Or as my wife likes to say, she can't take me anywhere, cause I am just to much of a neanderthal?

OMG this made me laugh out loud! I think there are some. Fried chicken, man how can you not pick up that breast or drumstick with your fingers?
Ribs? All over your face and hands!
I just ate ribs out this past year for the first time because I am no lady when it comes to good BBQ ribs!
I'm okay with spaghetti. (barely) LOL
Corn on the cob? How can you have this thing in your fingers with butter dripping down your arm and be dainty?
I'll bet there are a lot more I'll think of at 3a.m. when I'm trying to get to sleep. :ROFLMAO:

ChefK, you have pretty much summed up mine, but I have to add a big plate of uncut spaghetti that you have to twirl on your fork with lots of sauce and meatballs to my list. I usually just wrap a towel (bath size) around my shoulders backwards, close it with a clothes peg and go for it!

Also, how about ice cream sandwiches and other treats in the summertime, melting faster than you can eat them. Or roasted marshmallows that go all over your face!

Put out the dog, lock the door, close the drapes... Oh my gosh, I have a plate of tacos on one side and a meatball sub on the other! This doesn't deserve a handful of napkins or even a dish cloth. I have to go to the linen closet and pull out an old bath towel, and the ritual must be followed step by step. Drink? Check. TV tuned to correct channel and volume set? Check. Cellphone turned off? Check. Spray spot carpet cleaner? Check. Fresh clothes ready to go? Check. Hands washed and sanitized? Check. - Dig in!!!

If you're eating with a kindred spirit, you can share the gluttony and revel in the mess.

Oh yes, there is nothing that says togetherness like faces and hands covered in BBQ sauce! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Actually we have a restaurant chain up here called "Swiss Chalet" that specializes in chicken (and ribs), and it is a place were you can just pick up the food in your hands and eat to your heart's content! It is rotisserie chicken with a most incredible dipping sauce. The ribs are great too! Nobody minds if you get a little messy because they will too! :cool:

I love a slice of fresh tomato on my sandwich, but by the time it combines with the other ingredients, I have juice running down my arms.

I am, in general, a messy eater. You can always tell where I ate last, because the chair has a circle of food around it. Kim often blots my chin with his napkin...bless his heart.

I like my burgers medium rare and juicy. I top them with mayo, tomato and pickle. When I take a bite, the juices are everywhere. Napkins don't cut it. SO doesn't like to watch.

i must agree with tacos, a nice juicy burger with ketchup, a chilli dog or burger, watermellon, a nice ripe peach or necterine and cantaloupe all drip down your arms to your elbows and/or down your chin!!

Oh and Msmo, forgot to mention a coney isle hot dog with all the trimmings.
hmmmmmmmm a hot dog all the way, sometime called a texas weiner (chilli, raw chopped onions and mustard) or a burger all the way is pretty messy also.

OK Chesapeake Bayers!! Steamed crabs, corn on the cob, and BEER!!!!!!!!!!

"Grab me anudder Natty Bo, Hun."

Last edited:
Try to be a lady or a gentlemen at an Italian Baroldi feed...Wooo hooo first come salad and a tray of salami,olives pickles, that goes just fine, then comes a huge platter of pesto and garlic bread. Not to bad a little greasy tho..Now comes heaping platters of bbq ribs and large bowls of Biroldi..Oh lord, the ribs are in hands like clubs, and the Biroldi, you grab one hold it like a hot dog and put one end into your mouth and suck the contents out and chew..Pine nuts and the filling are wonderful but boy are you a mess afterwards...I swear every year I'm not doing this any more..Yet every February, I'm right there for more...:ROFLMAO:
kadesma

Try to be a lady or a gentlemen at an Italian Baroldi feed...Wooo hooo first come salad and a tray of salami,olives pickles, that goes just fine, then comes a huge platter of pesto and garlic bread. Not to bad a little greasy tho..Now comes heaping platters of bbq ribs and large bowls of Biroldi..Oh lord, the ribs are in hands like clubs, and the Biroldi, you grab one hold it like a hot dog and put one end into your mouth and suck the contents out and chew..Pine nuts and the filling are wonderful but boy are you a mess afterwards...I swear every year I'm not doing this any more..Yet every February, I'm right there for more...:ROFLMAO:
kadesma
whats a Baroldi? you don't want to know what a google search says it is an addition to!! :huh:

whats a Baroldi? you don't want to know what a google search says it is an addition to!! :huh:
They are a mix of milk, blood, spices, pine nuts..We love them but you do look a little like a vampire while eating them:ohmy:

kaades

Back
Top Bottom