Food that needs to be eaten in Private

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used to go to a place about 10 miles off the Baltimore beltway--I forget the name.
They had plank tables with newspaper on them, and bibs for the customers. They served all-you-can-eat crab, catfish, soda (read "Coke"), and beer (read "Bud"). You needed the bib and used the newspaper to supplement your napkin. $10 + $2 for the guy with the wheelbarrow to take you to your car!

I used to go to a place about 10 miles off the Baltimore beltway--I forget the name.
They had plank tables with newspaper on them, and bibs for the customers. They served all-you-can-eat crab, catfish, soda (read "Coke"), and beer (read "Bud"). You needed the bib and used the newspaper to supplement your napkin. $10 + $2 for the guy with the wheelbarrow to take you to your car!
That was on Drives dinners and drives in our whatever his show is called.

And it's something like Bubbas restaurant?

I'm pretty sure it was not Bubba's anything. I keep wanting to say it was the "Crab Shack," but that is the similar place I went in Ft. Lauderdale. Maybe they had the same name.

Who is so shy or concerned with what strangers think that they cannot enjoy a plate of ribs in a rib joint, or a lobster with plenty of drawn butter on the pier in Provincetown?

Certainly not me, nor any of the friends or family I've ever dined with! :LOL:

Messy food is meant to be enjoyed with gusto. and meat served on the bone is okay to pick up in your hands. At least, that is the way I have always interpreted it..... :pig:;):)

hmmmmmmmm a hot dog all the way, sometime called a texas weiner (chilli, raw chopped onions and mustard) or a burger all the way is pretty messy also.

Man, Texas is all about the mustard. Every restaurant I went to for burgers or hot dogs in the DFW had tons of mustard on them, and if you asked for ketchup, they looked at you like you were an alien, I almost overdosed on mustard while living there for a year and a half.

I wanna try a Chicago dog off the streets from a downtown vendor. And I'd eat that in public :)

For me, the foods in question are:

1) Whole lobster & Steamed Blue-Claw Crabs - unless I'm dining in my swimsuit at a rural seaside seafood place, I prefer to tackle my lobsters & crabs in the privacy of my home. I like being able to devastate them in all their glory without worrying about what I look like or smell like afterwards. Tiny little dainty "wet wipes" just don't cut it after you've really enjoyed your seafood.

2) Authentic Lobster Cantonese or other shellfish dishes where the shellfish is still in the shell in the sauce & thus has to be sloppily extracted.

3) Corn on the Cob - Again - only home-cooked for me, thank you.

3) Chicken Wings - I either make them myself or enjoy take-out. Have no desire to enjoy these in public.

ok sorry don't mean to offend but thats disgusting!!

Gotta disagree. incredibly delicious, and very green...using all the animal, wasting nothing. Brits have black pudding, we have scrapple, every cuisine has some recipe for using "the nasty bits"

Medieval Times - About The Show

There's a place near here where you're supposed to eat with your fingers. They don't even give you utensils. Nice little tourist trap. I mean stop.

This was originally based in the Chicago area. It wasn't always just jousting and such. There were a variety of shows to go to. A gangster town, Kings Manor, Dry Gulch...

The food was always the same and always served with no utensils.

I'm sorry to say that the others styles have disappeared. They were all comedy and the shows were very funny.

Back
Top Bottom