Food you wouldn't put in your mouth.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Them Orange Things
I am one of those people who enjoys food and my body can attest to that. Even though I like vegetables, there are a few I do not. At the top of the list is CARROTS. I don't even like the color and the smell is enough to turn my stomach. As a child I had to eat them, as an adult with children, I ate them. How can you get your young ones to eat what is good for them if you don't.
Freedom at last. The children have grown and gone. No more those terrible orange things do I have to consume. Sure and the sky is green. Now when dining at someone's home, what vegetable do they put on the table, you guessed it, Carrots. So the polite thing to do, eat them. Will I ever be free of these disgusting little things?

When I was in Thailand there were beetles as big as my hand for sale at the market. Yes, they were for eating in case anybody wants that confirmed.

Mel

Ok last night my brother told me about a snack his office-mate was munching on at his desk. It was in a bag, and it was crunchy. It was itty bitty little FISHIE HEADS in a bag! For some reason I'm not as repulsed by someone eating a large fish head, like in a stew, as I am by someone eating a bagful of freeze-dried fishie heads, with the eyeballs all staring back at you in the middle of the office!

So, who will be the first to sing the song??

Ok last night my brother told me about a snack his office-mate was munching on at his desk. It was in a bag, and it was crunchy. It was itty bitty little FISHIE HEADS in a bag! For some reason I'm not as repulsed by someone eating a large fish head, like in a stew, as I am by someone eating a bagful of freeze-dried fishie heads, with the eyeballs all staring back at you in the middle of the office!

So, who will be the first to sing the song??
Thanks, Jill!:glare: Now I have that song stuck in my head!!!

Any form of alcohol, coffee, or tea. Okay, that's for religious reasons though, hahaha.

For real, chicken hearts and giblets. Or any hearts and giblets for that matter. My exchange student cooked some up the other day...the nastiest, crunchiest things! I was a good sport, but never again!

Any form of alcohol, coffee, or tea. Okay, that's for religious reasons though, hahaha.

For real, chicken hearts and giblets. Or any hearts and giblets for that matter. My exchange student cooked some up the other day...the nastiest, crunchiest things! I was a good sport, but never again!

no coffee? please refer to my Av/pic thingy :ohmy: lol i once went with no coffee for 7 days, quit cold turkey.....detox purposes...my thoughts on detox....NEVER AGAIN lol

just out of curiosity which religion can't u have coffee? i know some you can't have alcohol but i dind't know the tea/coffee thing..that would be interesting and healthy!

rom, no coffee or tea in utah means the evil mormons are at work.

hey, where's gw with my double mocha latte'?

Re: Rocky Mountain Oyster.
I realize that this is the same as what we up here call a prairie oyster. I have only one thing to say yukkkkkkkkkkkkkk. When I was growing up [ a long time ago] Things like that were common. I do however remember eating brains at butchering time. I really like them but would not eat them now because of the health issues. Kidneys are one thing that would never go near my mouth, can't even stand the smell of them cooking.

One thing I could not do is eat cow tongue. I saw a recipe for it the other day and just the thought turned my stomach. Do people actually eat it?! I guess so, if there was a recipe for it.

Right you are. The funny thing is, after living with us for almost 8 months, my exchange student just barely learned we don't drink coffee after offering me some. He knew we didn't drink alcohol or tea, but it never occurred to him that coffee was included. He was probably wondering why we never bought it! He has huge stash of it in my cupboard. lol.

hey, where's gw with my double mocha latte'?

I got me a big hole cut in the ice of Lake Superior, just waiting for your baptizm, BT.:ROFLMAO: I'm commin' to getcha. Mocha Latte'! You don't want any Mocha Latte' you might get from me. I once heard of this guy who always mooched off of his co-workers. Well one day, a guy took his daughter's Willey Wonka Chocolate Factor chocolate bar maker, and made up some Wonka Bars from melted Ex-Lax. From what I understand, it cure the moocher from mooching. And no, it wasn't me that did it. But for you BT....

Seeeeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the NOrth

I would never eat any organs/brains. Couldn't get past the....yep. *Gag*

I occasionally re-try foods I don't like...just to see if my tastes have changed. And some have! Black olives. Cottage cheese (a bit).

Familiar with "prairie oysters".....and have known people who have tried them, not knowing what they were. And have known people who have spontaneously vomitted. LOL

good thing you don't have an aussie exchange student, b's, or he'd keep insisting that you have beer.

lol. He is Chinese, and at first he kept asking if we ever went to any parties because he wanted some beer (even though it's against exchange rules).

isn't beer like some "frat" kinda thing in the US as well? LOL i always see these movies, being aussie and not having been to the US...i am just assuming Keg parties are all the rage LOL

LOL B'sgirl@ "he wanted some beer (even though it's against exchange rules)."

better watch out next time ur not home he might break out the coffee and beer he might be brewing under the house and have a raging party! can u imagine a whole bunch of drunk over caffeinated people hehehe

seriously though, i didn't know Mormons couldn't have tea or coffee!

Back
Top Bottom