"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 03-13-2008, 10:05 AM   #201
Assistant Cook

Them Orange Things
I am one of those people who enjoys food and my body can attest to that. Even though I like vegetables, there are a few I do not. At the top of the list is CARROTS. I don't even like the color and the smell is enough to turn my stomach. As a child I had to eat them, as an adult with children, I ate them. How can you get your young ones to eat what is good for them if you don't.
Freedom at last. The children have grown and gone. No more those terrible orange things do I have to consume. Sure and the sky is green. Now when dining at someone's home, what vegetable do they put on the table, you guessed it, Carrots. So the polite thing to do, eat them. Will I ever be free of these disgusting little things?

Old 03-13-2008, 10:16 AM   #202
Senior Cook

Broccoli.

Save the trees!

Old 03-13-2008, 11:19 AM   #203
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Kidneys. BLECH...
Sweetbreads. Double Blech.
oh delish, and I also like your national dish ...Haggis, if made well. (of course as an American, it would be even better FRIED!)
Old 03-13-2008, 11:21 AM   #204
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeks View Post
Broccoli.

Save the trees!
broccoli is a little boring, bring on a mess a greens with corn bread and pot liquor to dip it in!
Old 03-13-2008, 12:12 PM   #205
Sous Chef

When I was in Thailand there were beetles as big as my hand for sale at the market. Yes, they were for eating in case anybody wants that confirmed.

Mel
Old 03-13-2008, 12:41 PM   #206
Sous Chef

Ok last night my brother told me about a snack his office-mate was munching on at his desk. It was in a bag, and it was crunchy. It was itty bitty little FISHIE HEADS in a bag! For some reason I'm not as repulsed by someone eating a large fish head, like in a stew, as I am by someone eating a bagful of freeze-dried fishie heads, with the eyeballs all staring back at you in the middle of the office!

So, who will be the first to sing the song??
Old 03-13-2008, 05:37 PM   #207
Chef Extraordinaire

I repeat - food that has been in someone else's mouth first.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:47 PM   #208
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillBurgh View Post
Ok last night my brother told me about a snack his office-mate was munching on at his desk. It was in a bag, and it was crunchy. It was itty bitty little FISHIE HEADS in a bag! For some reason I'm not as repulsed by someone eating a large fish head, like in a stew, as I am by someone eating a bagful of freeze-dried fishie heads, with the eyeballs all staring back at you in the middle of the office!

So, who will be the first to sing the song??
Thanks, Jill! Now I have that song stuck in my head!!!
Old 03-13-2008, 06:04 PM   #209
Sous Chef

Any form of alcohol, coffee, or tea. Okay, that's for religious reasons though, hahaha.

For real, chicken hearts and giblets. Or any hearts and giblets for that matter. My exchange student cooked some up the other day...the nastiest, crunchiest things! I was a good sport, but never again!

B'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 07:41 AM   #210
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by B'sgirl View Post
Any form of alcohol, coffee, or tea. Okay, that's for religious reasons though, hahaha.

For real, chicken hearts and giblets. Or any hearts and giblets for that matter. My exchange student cooked some up the other day...the nastiest, crunchiest things! I was a good sport, but never again!
no coffee? please refer to my Av/pic thingy lol i once went with no coffee for 7 days, quit cold turkey.....detox purposes...my thoughts on detox....NEVER AGAIN lol

just out of curiosity which religion can't u have coffee? i know some you can't have alcohol but i dind't know the tea/coffee thing..that would be interesting and healthy!