"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 02-05-2006, 02:06 PM   #81
Sous Chef

Okra....ughhhhh, reminds me of little kids with colds that need a tissue.....get it????....ROFL

Old 02-05-2006, 03:47 PM   #82
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella/TO
Okra....ughhhhh, reminds me of little kids with colds that need a tissue.....get it????....ROFL
Gotcha Ella my feelings exactly!!!

kadesma

Old 02-11-2006, 09:05 AM   #83
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by sattie
Any food where animals are mistreated.... i.e. foie gras or veal.

Ducks are force fed every couple of hours until their liver swells... that is how they get foie gras, veal... well not gonna go there.

Indangered animals... and uni (sea urchin), that was just plain nasty!
Foie gras is very popular here all the time and around Christmas time, even worse. Whenever people order it in a restaurant, I give them a mean look. the poor ducks can't even stand because of their enlarged livers. The only liver pate I eat(love liver) is when I make it from buying chicken livers, and making a pate out of them.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:05 AM   #84
Master Chef

Sizzles

That has to be tough and I am with ya on the mean look!!! I like to watch Iron Chef and they use it all the time and that is what got me curious about it. Never knew what it was so I looked it up, now I wish I had not!

Poor duckies!
Old 02-23-2006, 06:34 AM   #85
Assistant Cook

I simply love "yuk" threads on food forums. Whenever the ugly question of "what to cook for dinner tonight" raises it's ugly head, here we come.

Well, not exactly, but depending on your geo-location, people like stuff that others elsewhere abhor. Where I live nowadays, tenderloin is amongst the cheapest beef cuts you can buy. Having travelled widely, I have come to appreciate the taste of a lot of "yuk", compared with most members here, I guess.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:45 PM   #86
Senior Cook

Send a message via ICQ to Billdolfski Send a message via AIM to Billdolfski Send a message via MSN to Billdolfski Send a message via Yahoo to Billdolfski
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulikuli
I simply love "yuk" threads on food forums. Whenever the ugly question of "what to cook for dinner tonight" raises it's ugly head, here we come.

Well, not exactly, but depending on your geo-location, people like stuff that others elsewhere abhor. Where I live nowadays, tenderloin is amongst the cheapest beef cuts you can buy. Having travelled widely, I have come to appreciate the taste of a lot of "yuk", compared with most members here, I guess.
What kind of "yuk" are we talking about here?
Old 05-31-2006, 09:10 AM   #87
Sous Chef

I have just realised that I am not very keen on crocodile meat either. I have eaten it, and each time I did, I pictured this huge animal staring at me with open jaws.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:49 AM   #88
Executive Chef

not much grosses me out. not going to eat insects; don't care how chic or ethnically correct it might be. (I may try one if visiting parts of Africa or Australia, but that is an unlikely trip...still if offered by someone, might try one to say I did.) Would probably have trouble with a lamb's eye from the spit roasted critter, but to preserve the peace if offered at a tribal banquet, I would not dishonor the host. I have the greatest respect for the "code of hospitality".

No longer eat brains or raw shellfish for reasons of health. Cooked shellfish no problem. Love clams oysters mussels etc. Had eel and really like it. Had aligator and rattle snake and don't see much purpose in it except it's there so don't waste it. Good to know something can be done with it. (pretty tasteless stuff, but ok in an etoufe or jambolaya.)

Anything a hunter trapper or fisherman brings is pretty much good eats. Even had marshrabbit (muskrat) which can be made quite edible by a careful cook. Absolutely no fear of soul food...bring it on.

I don't have a big sweet tooth so I am not likely to choose a gooey desert or pie. prefer cheese.

Will not eat live goldfish. Will not drink bad beer or cheap wine. Not enough time in the world to enjoy the good stuff to fool around with the dregs.
Old 11-05-2006, 12:32 PM   #89
Sous Chef

Certainly not bad wine! Never ever!Is there ever a bad beer????????????
Old 11-05-2006, 12:39 PM   #90
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
food I wouldn`t put in my mouth would be something that`s been in some(one/thing) elses mouth for a start, like Tongue for instance.
I wouldn`t eat Brains either, I don`t like the smell or the idea that it might be thinking about your chewing style or dental work as you`re eating it.

NAAAAH!

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote