"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 10-02-2009, 04:50 PM   #11
Mr. Greenjeans

Make a video and put it on Youtube. No I'm not kidding. Specifically mention the tournament. Talk about how many people were there. How many times you bought beers. Do they have a web site? Mention the website. Remember the jerk's name? Mention the jerk's name. Talk about how you will not be going back there based on the fact that they don't care about their customers. Link to the video where ever you can.

How can they not be associated with the tourney if the tourney is named after the bar?!

Old 10-02-2009, 04:58 PM   #12
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy3k View Post
Make a video and put it on Youtube. No I'm not kidding. Specifically mention the tournament. Talk about how many people were there. How many times you bought beers. Do they have a web site? Mention the website. Remember the jerk's name? Mention the jerk's name. Talk about how you will not be going back there based on the fact that they don't care about their customers. Link to the video where ever you can.

How can they not be associated with the tourney if the tourney is named after the bar?!
hahaha, those are all the thoughts that initially went through my head!! to be honest, if i did all that (like i originally wanted), it might change my "nutball" status

i like how you think, though, and glad someone is on my side....i did consider writing an email to the league, still might....not so much to call the guy a jerk, but to make them aware of the situation....legal or not, right or not, its not a fair way to be treating people who have been supporting you for the entire summer

Old 10-02-2009, 05:27 PM   #13
Sous Chef

Want to know my annoyance point? It's going to a medium priced restaurant, and than finding out that it's 6$ for the appetizer, $21 for the steak, $2.95 for a side salad, $3.25 for a side (x2), and $2.25 for a coffee. Than they ask for $1.25 for musshrooms on the steak, etc.

THAT ANNOYS ME!!!!

Tell me you want $33 for a meal, $6 for an appetizer, and drinks are extra.

Next it's extra for the napkins and condiments.

Such is life these days.

Bob
Old 10-02-2009, 06:13 PM   #14
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNoodleIncident View Post
it happened and i stopped caring minutes later,
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNoodleIncident View Post
i did consider writing an email to the league, still might
These two things seem to contradict each other.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:19 PM   #15
Assistant Cook

its basic human rights, if someone needs water you must give them it, but if they are coming in asking all the time then i presume that wouldnt count
Old 10-02-2009, 09:02 PM   #16
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeboy View Post
its basic human rights, if someone needs water you must give them it, but if they are coming in asking all the time then i presume that wouldnt count
There is a big difference between need and want.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:07 PM   #17
Assistant Cook

yea I agree mate
Old 10-02-2009, 09:22 PM   #18
Everymom

Hey NoodleIncident, I feel your pain. It seems sometimes that basic goodness and "love thy neighbor" has gone missing. I'm one of those folks that thinks they could have done a booming business by putting out big jugs of water for the tourney folks. Bet lots of them would have slipped in for a bite to eat or something else to drink if the bar had done that.

I think its very sad that the hunt for the almighty dollar overcomes our humanity sometimes.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:40 PM   #19
Mr. Greenjeans

Tell the tourney that you won't be coming back next year as their sponsor is not player friendly. I've never seen any marathon runners making change for drinks on the route.

I guess I weigh in on the noodle side as I am sick and tired of poor customer service. You patroned the bar, tipped waitstaff/bartenders, perticipated in an event sponsored by them and they begrudge you a glass of water?! I would have made a BIG LOUD STINK. I'm professionally trained in "loud".
Old 10-02-2009, 09:43 PM   #20
Chief Eating Officer

I am not sure it was ever definitively said that the bar sponsored the tournament. That is just an assumption based on a name.