"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 10-08-2009, 02:32 PM   #31
Head Chef

I ate at a restaurant yesterday, and I doubt that I'd have been able to go back later in the day and get free water.
That said, did you ever find out about their "sponsorship" of the team and how that would affect stuff like free water on game days?

Wyogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:40 PM   #32
Senior Cook

well, the difference is that at a resturant, you sit down for a certain amount of time, pay, and leave....the time that you are a "customer" for that day is relatively easy to define...with a bar, you kind of come and go throughout your visit....i came and went within the same visit, which is why i felt water was not unreasonable....i would not expect to order a beer on tuesday night, then get free water on wednesday

unfortunately, no, i never did find out the specifics of the sponsorship....the tournament was the last day of a summer long league (all at the same bar/beach)....knowing that i would have to deal with them for a while has made me lazy...we will see what happens next summer

Old 10-08-2009, 02:42 PM   #33
Head Chef

I thought you were there earlier in the day, left the establishment, then came back...

Old 10-08-2009, 02:51 PM   #34
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyogal View Post
I thought you were there earlier in the day, left the establishment, then came back...
nope....all the courts are on the sand, and the bar is on the edge...so, if you are between a game, you have time to get a drink, bring it back to your court, and finish it before your next game starts....no one hangs out at the actual bar (picture a snack bar - there is really no place to hang out)...it was designed this way....so i understand why they didnt recognize us (lots of people and all), but it was still the same trip

i could see how someone would say that those are separate trips, but i sort of equate the courts in the sand to tables at a regular bar....they are the designated places to hang out - you bring your drink to them, then go back when you are ready for another
Old 10-08-2009, 02:55 PM   #35
Head Chef

oh, that's different!!!! I wouldn't wait until next summer to address the sponsorship/lack of water issue, then.

Old 10-08-2009, 03:00 PM   #36
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNoodleIncident View Post
but i sort of equate the courts in the sand to tables at a regular bar....they are the designated places to hang out - you bring your drink to them, then go back when you are ready for another
Are the courts owned by the bar? If they are then I can see your point, but if they are not then I would side with the bar, at least as far as responsibility is concerned. Now what they should do as far as looking good and ensuring future business is a different story.