Freezing and re-freezing foods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
While the practice of thawing and reheating is not the best for taste and texture, scientifically, I can see no way bacteria can survive the reheat process as long as the desired temperature is achieved and consistent throughout the dish.

I think so too-----but for our finger food Christmas Eve I baked some little frozen appetizers that were about 1.5 inch square. I was 'instructed' to bring them to 165 degrees. Each one?

I declined and took a chance. :LOL:

I think so too-----but for our finger food Christmas Eve I baked some little frozen appetizers that were about 1.5 inch square. I was 'instructed' to bring them to 165 degrees. Each one?

I declined and took a chance. :LOL:

When I see an instruction like that on a purchased product, I assume it means they are not confident of the product's wholesomeness. Either because of what went on in the factory or what they think you may do at home. I make sure I follow the instruction. Not one at a time but all together on a cookie sheet or something.

Quality suffer the most from repeated freezing cycles.

Safety depends on the care taken while the product is in the unfrozen state.

Portion size is the way to go with freezing so you don't defrost more then is needed.

Just thoughts from someone who cooks for 1.
Exactly

Back
Top Bottom