Fresh Blueberry Pancakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchenelf

Chef Extraordinaire
Enjoy Fresh Blueberry Pancakes!

Fresh Blueberry Pancakes

1 c flour
1/2 ts baking soda
1 1/2 ts baking powder
1 egg substitute equivalent
1 c low-fat buttermilk
1 tb canola oil
1/2 c fresh blueberries; washed
-and drained

Combine dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.

In a bowl equipped to hold these ingredients combine egg, buttermilk, and oil and mix well. Add mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring until, moistened. Once "just" blended (some lumps are OK) then gently fold in the blueberries.

Coat a griddle or skillet with cooking spray. Pour 2 tablespoons of batter
for each pancake onto hot griddle. Turn the pancakes when tops are covered with tiny bubbles and edges are golden brown.

8 servings/Serving size: 2 4- to 5-inch pancakes

oh yum!
I have a habit of putting cinnamon into whatever blueberry dish I make, so I may do the same with these - fantastic timing, elf - I needed this recipe for next week! Thanks!

Whoa!! Sierra - you've been doing some digging or searching to have found this one from 1 1/2 years ago! lol Thanks for pulling it up to the top!

Wow, kitchenelf! Thanks for the pancake recipe!! I've been buying LOTS of fresh blueberries. We really like them. Last weekend I made blueberry muffins, and we love to put them on our cereal and just eat them as a snack. Sunday mornings we splurge on breakfast - so I'm making these blueberry pancakes!!! :chef:

kitchenelf said:
Whoa!! Sierra - you've been doing some digging or searching to have found this one from 1 1/2 years ago! lol Thanks for pulling it up to the top!

It is fun to search through the old posts. You never know what treasures you may find. Sometimes I will just search a particular word to see what I come with. This time obviously the word was blueberry. :)

That sounds soooooooooooooooooooo good. I wish had some right now with some excellent maple syrup, not that imitation crap or the hybrid maple syrup.

I used to eat pancakes for dinner when I was a kid.......not much has changed, except now I work out a lot more to burn off all those calories.

Sierra, that was perfect timing for dredging up the thread - right now my grocery store has pints of super-sweet, chubby blueberries on a buy one/get one free sale - woo hoo!

The recipe looks wonderful and your avatar is indeed my favorite dessert in all the world. I use the easy recipe with condensed milk - but it is delicious also and never fails.

Buttermilk pancakes are soooo good, arent' they? :)

Another week and a half and I'll be combing the fields for the finest wild blueberries on the planet. I'm looking forward to some blueberry pancakes, both buttermilk style (I'll be using yur recipe), and my own "World's Best" recipe. Both make great pancakes, but with a different texture and flavor. Variety is what it's all about for me.

I may even make some of those pancakes with M&M's in them that my wife used to love. No chocolate in my pancakes though. If I'm going to shorten my life with too many carbs, it's going to be with the finest flavors available, and for me, that's real pancakes, with wild blueberries, and real maple syrup. (though If I get enough blueberries, I may have to make some home-made blueberry syrup. :mrgreen: )

I can see right now that I'm going to need a bunch of blueberries, maybe 8 to ten gallons. Hope the weather cools a bit :cool: .

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Don't forget the blueberry muffins.....and blueberry pie......and blue berry buckle....and blueberry argggg now I am hungry. :(

Back
Top Bottom