Fridge Clean Out - Food Rescue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeni78

Senior Cook
Please share! A place to post your leftover-use-it-before-it-goes-bad creations.

I admit I bought the bok choy today, but that always needs rescuing eventually because they are so big.

And of course the herbs are to help.

:ahem:
Mushrooms
Sweet potato
Fennel
Onion
Bok choy
Celery
Micro sunflower greens
Sweet corn
Spinach
Brown bread
Tarragon
Oregano
Sage
Thyme
Tuscan olive oil
Butter

I have to say, I'm really digging fennel, sweet potato and onion as a flavor profile.

ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1466555143.289731.jpg

Anyone else?? ?

Eat anything you want, but make it yourself.

Posting from the app.

Please share! A place to post your leftover-use-it-before-it-goes-bad creations.

I admit I bought the bok choy today, but that always needs rescuing eventually because they are so big.

And of course the herbs are to help.

:ahem:
Mushrooms
Sweet potato
Fennel
Onion
Bok choy
Celery
Micro sunflower greens
Sweet corn
Spinach
Brown bread
Tarragon
Oregano
Sage
Thyme
Tuscan olive oil
Butter

I have to say, I'm really digging fennel, sweet potato and onion as a flavor profile.

View attachment 24930

Anyone else?? ?

Eat anything you want, but make it yourself.

Posting from the app.

Do you have a dehydrator?
If you can't use it now. It will be ready for when you will.

Freeze the spinach and the corn?
Use the bread and seasonings and make some croutons.

Around here leftovers aren't an issue. Hearty eaters. Happy puppies!:ohmy::LOL:

My appetite has decreased so much, I would have to show a picture of the freezer. My fridge only has the massive array of condiments. Including a container of sauerkraut for hot dogs that we never seem to buy. I buy it in a bag in the fridge area. Then when I get home transfer it to the takeout container that I seem to have too many of.

Croutons from stale bread? I only buy one loaf a month, if that. By the time I go for the second slice, the whole loaf has turned to a cure for diseases.

Spike loves to cook. When he makes his favorite foods, he always brings me and Pirate a huge helping. I return the favor. We made mac and cheese last week. It went into the large roasting pan and Spike got half. It still took three days for Pirate and I to finish what was left. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom