Fried twinkied apples

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raine

Executive Chef
FRIED TWINKIED APPLES

6 Tart apples; sliced
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 cup bacon drippings
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 dash of nutmeg
In a large skillet, melt bacon drippings. Pour apples evenly over
skillet bottom. Sprinkle lemon juice over them, then brown sugar, then salt. Cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes until apples are tender and juicy.
Sprinkle with cinnamon & nutmeg.

FRIED TWINKIES
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
6 Twinkies
vegetable oil for frying
Chill or freeze Twinkies for several hours or overnight. Heat
vegetable oil in deep fryer to about 375F. Prepare batter by mixing together milk, vinegar and oil. In another bowl, blend flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk wet ingredients into dry and continue mixing until smooth. Refrigerate while oil heats. Dust twinkie with flour and dip into the batter. Rotate Twinkie until batter covers entire cake. Place carefully in hot oil. The Twinkie will float, so hold it under with a utensil to ensure even browing. It should turn golden in 3 to 4 minutes. Depending on the size of your deep fryer, you might be able to fry only one at a time, two at the most. Remove Twinkie to paper towel and let drain. Let the Twinkie sit for about 5 minutes before serving. POUR FRIED APPLES over TWINKIES and serve with ice cream.

I am having nightmares about my walking into the store to buy a box of twinkies. I would feel so darned guilty. I know all eyes would be on me. I'd have to hide my face. Maybe I'll find my old high school teacher and ask her to help me with a disguise.

Back
Top Bottom