Frozen chicken breast funny colour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kojiro

Assistant Cook
Hi. If just taken some frozen chicken breasts out of the freezer and they are all a funny colour!? Are they still eddable? Thanks

Attachments

• 20171029_162847.jpg
    20171029_162847.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 347
One way to minimize freezer burn is to wrap them tight with plastic wrap, each piece individually, before putting them all in a Zip lock (or whatever brand) bag and then in the freezer.

One way to minimize freezer burn is to wrap them tight with plastic wrap, each piece individually, before putting them all in a Zip lock (or whatever brand) bag and then in the freezer.

I agree with that, but even easier than using plastic wrap, is using those cheap twist tie plastic bags and squeezing out all the air before placing in a heavy freezer bag. It really works well for preventing freezer burn.
That comes from someone who doesn't have a vacuum sealer machine, and doesn't want one. ;)

Every single time I use plastic bags, I get freezer burn. I use freezer paper, the wax lined kind, and wrap them up tight with masking tape. Got some meat on sale, about to wrap up fifteen pounds of ground meat and a lot of chicken into one pound portions. Not together of course.

TBS (E-F)

Every single time I use plastic bags, I get freezer burn. I use freezer paper, the wax lined kind, and wrap them up tight with masking tape. Got some meat on sale, about to wrap up fifteen pounds of ground meat and a lot of chicken into one pound portions. Not together of course.

TBS (E-F)

Vacuum sealers are as good as it gets for preventing freezer burn.

Vacuum sealers are as good as it gets for preventing freezer burn.

I completely should just buy a vacuum sealer. Given the amount of backpacking we do, given the fact I buy in bulk stuff and like to prepare ahead stuff like beans etc... There is really no reason I shouldn't have one. Would save me a bunch of time too wrapping everything in freezer paper and masking taping it up.

Any suggestions on the model? What do you use?

TBS (E-F)

Back
Top Bottom