Fudge that stays firm ISO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I'm looking for a fudge recipe that stays firm and doesn't get very,very soft after setting up. Any ideas or recipes out there.?
kades

My DW introduced me to this - California Living cubit: California Cuisine forum: See's fudge recipe
shortly after we were married. It's as good today as it was then. It's so very easy to make, and tastes phenomenal. There is a small difference between the recipe I was taught, and the one in the link; our recipe calls for one bag of Kraft Stay Puff Marshmallows, while the original calls for Marshmallow cream. Both recipes give you a very good fudge.

Using white chocolate chips, or butterscotch chip will give you other fudge flavors. I would suspect that you could use a recipe for making marshmallow cream, but use maple syrup instead of corn syrup or sugar to make a very good maple fudge.

Kades, you have my word that this is easy to make, and delicious. See's candies are really good candies, (I adore their fruit filled chocolates, especially the blueberry) and there fudge recipe is excellent.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
My DW introduced me to this - California Living cubit: California Cuisine forum: See's fudge recipe
shortly after we were married. It's as good today as it was then. It's so very easy to make, and tastes phenomenal. There is a small difference between the recipe I was taught, and the one in the link; our recipe calls for one bag of Kraft Stay Puff Marshmallows, while the original calls for Marshmallow cream. Both recipes give you a very good fudge.

Using white chocolate chips, or butterscotch chip will give you other fudge flavors. I would suspect that you could use a recipe for making marshmallow cream, but use maple syrup instead of corn syrup or sugar to make a very good maple fudge.

Kades, you have my word that this is easy to make, and delicious. See's candies are really good candies, (I adore their fruit filled chocolates, especially the blueberry) and there fudge recipe is excellent.

Chief, I believe you I've tried and read your recipes This one looks like a keeper. I have 2 of my grandsons coming Friday to make fudge They love it and I want them to be happy and I know this will do that. Thank you so much.
kades

Thought I'd let you know, I made a batch of this fudge and it's now in the dish and setting up. I tasted it and it's wonderful and oh so good. Taking what I made to the nurses along with some peanut butter fudge for them to try. Thank you so much the boy's are going to have so much fun making this up.
kades

Dang. I'll have to dig up the Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk fudge recipe, possibly the best I've ever had.

Dang. I'll have to dig up the Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk fudge recipe, possibly the best I've ever had.

Shouldn't they have it on the side of their can in the same way that Tollhouse has a chocolate chip cookie recipe on the bag? :) It's all you'd ever need.

That's one of the "cheat" recipes that I whole heartedly endorse! My mom is an old school fudge maker, she always poo pooed this recipe, I gave her some that I had made, and now she's a convert! This is truly a "no fail" recipe (when followed).

I still make fudge the old fashioned way. Always stays firm even out of the fridge.

2 cups of sugar, 1 tin of sweetened condensed milk, 1 tsp of vanilla and half a brick of butter (9 ounces)

Slowly melt the butter in a heavy base pan, mix in the sugar and stir over a low heat till sugar desolves, add condensed milk and simmer gently while stirring all the time till the mixture turns a light caramel colour and reaches the soft ball stage. Turn your heat on high and whisk in the vanilla. Pour into flat glass oven dish. Allow to cool and cut into squares.

I made the "good ole" marshmallow cream fudge this year, it does use real butter and I changed it up a bit ( as I am often want to do) I used some dark chocolate pieces (70%cacao, i think) instead of semi sweet and I added to heaping tablespoons of extra dark cocoa powder then for the piece de resistance dried cranberries a couple of big handfuls along with the chopped walnuts. It is delicious! I think I will have some right now!

Store your can of sweetened condensed milk upside down. Then when you go to open it, the sugar will be at the top. You won't be scraping it out of the bottom. :angel:

Store your can of sweetened condensed milk upside down. Then when you go to open it, the sugar will be at the top. You won't be scraping it out of the bottom. :angel:

Addie, is everything in your house upside down? :angel:

Sorry, couldn't resist (the tahini reference) :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I'm glad you posted this. It is the same recipe my mom always used (sometimes she added some orange zest, which was also very good). I don't have her recipe, so I'm glad that now I do!

Speaking of See's, that is the only candy store I ever (and just once -- last year) spent $120 in one trip! We don't have any See's stores here, but I think some of the malls in Charlotte may have See's kiosks at Christmas.

Addie, is everything in your house upside down? :angel:

Sorry, couldn't resist (the tahini reference) :LOL::LOL::LOL:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Not quite. But any can good that is thick or has oil in it, I store it upside down. Saves trying to stir it in the container and get it mixed properly. Natural peanut butter is another one.

I tell ya, trying to keep those lamps to stay straight while resting on their shades is often very difficult. And with my bed upside down is like sleepiing on the bottom bunk. Have ya ever tried to put something on a table when the legs are in the air? :angel:

I'm glad you posted this. It is the same recipe my mom always used (sometimes she added some orange zest, which was also very good). I don't have her recipe, so I'm glad that now I do!

Speaking of See's, that is the only candy store I ever (and just once -- last year) spent $120 in one trip! We don't have any See's stores here, but I think some of the malls in Charlotte may have See's kiosks at Christmas.

We used to have a candy factory over in Charlestown called Schrafft's. They had a store where you could buy all their products half price. One Easter I went over and spent a small fortune for Poo's Easter basket. By 11 o'clock that night he had a sever case of Easteritis as we spent about an hour in the ER. The doctor said that they were seeing a lot of cases. It seemed to be highly contagious. I couldn't yell at my son. It was my own fault. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom