"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2017, 11:30 AM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

Fun finds at TJ Maxx

Is anyone else fascinated by the random ingredients you can find at TJ Maxx? They have some very high quality stuff at great prices. Trader Joe's is too far away to be convenient for me, but TJ's is right next to my primary grocery store

I stopped by recently and got these, among a few other things.
Click image for larger version

Name:	0213171805_HDR.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	26225

Old 02-17-2017, 11:57 AM   #2
Certified Pretend Chef

Yes, we pick up random stuff there too. They also have some deals on equipment.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:21 PM   #3
Wine Guy

Unfortunately, there isn't a TJ Maxx conveniently located anywhere near me, but I do shop often at HomeGoods, which is their home decor offshoot. I almost always walk out of there with some incredible bargain. Last week I bought a set of 3 very nice ceramic serving bowls. Total cost: $9.71
Old 02-17-2017, 12:32 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

I went to Home Goods for the first time recently; it's not close by but we were in the area for something else. I was in love 😍 What a great store! I restrained myself and only came home with a standing toilet paper holder 😁

Now that I think about it, it's kinda close to the place where our beekeepers club meets. We may have to leave a little earlier next month...

And yes, Andy, I've gotten Le Creuset dishes, glassware and other such items at great prices there, too.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:43 PM   #5
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
Unfortunately, there isn't a TJ Maxx conveniently located anywhere near me, but I do shop often at HomeGoods, which is their home decor offshoot. I almost always walk out of there with some incredible bargain. Last week I bought a set of 3 very nice ceramic serving bowls. Total cost: $9.71
Home Goods, TJ Maxx and Marshall's are related and all have more or fewer kitchen items.
Old 02-17-2017, 04:50 PM   #6
Senior Cook

I just got a jar of Fat Works Lard Leaf at Homeworks for $10. It advertises for $22 on Amazon. It makes great pie crusts.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:05 PM   #7
Sous Chef

We have Tuesday Morning stores down here. I pop in from time to time, and occasionally find a real bargain. I once found a LeCreset 16 Qt. stock pot for 75 bucks. Those things retail for $195. It is an ugly color, but I can make a huge batch of Gumbo in it.

CD
Old 02-17-2017, 05:30 PM   #8
Head Chef

Location: The Gateway to the Grand Canyon, wishing I was back home in Hawaii
I don't normally go to TJ Maxx, but Mrs.DF and I met two weeks ago for lunch and shopping at the Green Grocer, she wanted tips and hints on different stuff.
Anywhos, next door is a TJ Maxx, which she made sure I went in to.
I found a gorgeous SS Kitchen Trash Can with a foot petal to open it hands free AND the lid doesn't slam shut when you let go of the foot petal.
I had been looking at BB&B at their "Simple Human" cans and the one I was just about to buy was $179 (I struggled with that price for a trash can!), I paid $79.99 for some off brand that looks fabulous! Love it!!

Mrs.DF bought Avacado Oil that we had seen at Trader Joe's for like $13, TJ Maxx, $6.99!!

DOUBLE SCORE!!
Old 02-18-2017, 10:51 AM   #9
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

I love TJ Maxx and Homegoods. I've gotten some great deals there. Homegoods had a bunch of Fat Daddios cake pans for less than half of what they were on amazon. It's not a well known brand to non-pros so customers probably weren't impressed with light weight aluminum pans, but they are fantastic, I made a good haul that day!

I had a field day when outfitting my mom's new kitchen!

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 03:51 PM   #10
Wine Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Home Goods, TJ Maxx and Marshall's are related and all have more or fewer kitchen items.
Yep. Sierra Trading Post is the other member of the TJX family. More of an outdoor goods retailer, from what I understand. They just opened one close to where I used to live, but I haven't been there yet.