Getting a Salsa texture thick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe try adding some corn kernals, cilantro, chopped onion, and/or chopped jalapenos or serranos.

One of our favorite Mexican restaurants actually makes a pretty soupy salsa, but it's really good with the addition of cilantro and onion.

Last edited:
What kind of tomatoes are you using?

Some of the larger garden varieties (e.g. beefsteak, big boy, etc.) contain a lot of water. If this is what you're using, try Roma tomatoes instead. They have more flesh, less water.

Are you seeding your tomatoes before chopping? This removes a lot of the water. I save the seeds and pulp and run that through my tomato strainer.

I seed and roast about 2/3 of the tomatoes, mash with a potato masher, and then seed and skin fresh tomatoes to add. Roasting the tomatoes adds another layer of flavor and makes removing the skins super easy (just pluck them off).

Don't put a lid on the pan while simmering the salsa. If you put a lid on, the water that condenses on the lid adds more liquid to the pan.

Hi, I'm using a middle size tomatoes I still didn't have the time to try it, will try and will let you know how it went thanks

I like to just chop everything and combine it. I have processed some tomato's first, then added the chopped vegetables, but its rare I go that far.

Back
Top Bottom