Give me your favorite tailgating recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well if it's a frat, then you're bound to have beer... and as long as you have beer, you may as well put it to work for you. Get a bunch of brats, onions and green peppers, maybe some butter, and a couple of big pans that will fit on your grill. You can saute' the peppers and onions in butter before hand, or in you big serving pan.. it wouldn't really be a saute so much as a sweat though, i think. Either way, drop your brats into the pan as they finish cooking and let them soak in beer with your onions and peppers. When your coals are dying, toast some buns, and you're good to go!

Ahhhh, so it seems most of you have hot food when tailgating. We always have a cold picnic when tailgating here as it means opening the back of the vehicle and laying the food out in there a la royal polo match style. :LOL: (At least to us it does.) Otherwise, if a grill is involved, we just call it a BBQ.:rolleyes: And I guess that is not totally right either.:( It all gets confusing somehow...lolol
Its always interesting how different parts of the world do/call things another way. I have always got to remember that Americans call what we know as prawns, shrimp. Shrimp here are the wee ones.

Anyways, it sounds pretty wonderful your kind of tailgating. Some great food ideas. May just adopt your style if I can convince the Kiwis to give up the bacon and egg pie and banana cake!!:cool:

We sometimes grill and sometimes just bring things that are already cooked. With the Pyrex covers that you can put a heat pad in, things can be as hot as when they come out of theoven. Sunday I'll probably fix some BBQ'ed chicken wings, a cheese board, a big salad (maybe the layered one) and London broil. Since our games are at 1PM, occasionally I'll fix a brunch dish. One of our parking neighbors brought a deep fried turkey one November day. I fix chili with all the trimmings when it gets colder. Also fajitas with all the additions.

Lynan said:
Ahhhh, so it seems most of you have hot food when tailgating. We always have a cold picnic when tailgating here as it means opening the back of the vehicle and laying the food out in there a la royal polo match style.

I think a lot of tailgaiting happens in cold weather, hence the hot food. Chili dog anyone?:chef:

Italian Sausages with peppers and onions........served with various mustards.
Skillet Beans (BBQ Baked Beans)
Chips and Dips
Beer........did I mention beer :LOL:

Everything can be made in advanced and kept warm in slow cookers or crockpots. Or sometimes we take along our grill and cook the sausages right there....all depends on where we're going.

NOTE: They have AC adapters that plug into your cigarette lighters.

Tailgating parties are the best time! Three of our friends have those huge mobile travelers and they'd park next to each other. Everyone would bring an appetizer or salad and we'd take turns supplying the main courses.

Half of us were in a 'gourmet' club and it was so much fun to try to out-do each other. Many of the people didn't have tickets to the game but just came for the party. We'd meet at about 9 am in the parking lot and leave long after the game.

The bathrooms were so nice to have...:LOL:

Like the bratwurst and italian sausage ideas, since I personally love peppers and onions, and we do have plenty of beer (albeit crappy beer). Got to keep it cheap when you're working with such large numbers. Anyone got any ways to do up hot dogs? Like if you do the beer/onion/sausage bath, do you think that will do any good, or will it just taste weird?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom