Good, but simple recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jonathan2

Assistant Cook
Hey guys :) I don't know why but lately I've been in the mood to cook family meals etc, last night I cooked a mousakka which I loved and tonight I'm looking to cook something different but just as tasty :ROFLMAO:

Here's last night ingredients and method:

1 clove of garlic
2 large potatoes
1 onion
250-400g minced lamb
1 tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoons of fresh or dried rosemary
1 courgette
1 small carton of tomato passata and a big squeeze of tomato puree
1 medium aubergine
150ml sour cream
50g strong cheddar, emmental or gruyere
salt and pepper

1 - Peel and boil potatoes for 5 mins - cut in half once only!
2 - Preheat oven to 200 or Gas Mark 6
3 - Finely chop the onion, garlic and courgette. Don't forget to take potatoes off heat and drain - leave to cool
4 - Cook the garlic, onion and lamb mince slowly in a saucepan until softened and meat is browned. Add courgette, tomatoes, tomato puree, paprika, salt and pepper and rosemary. Cook for 10 mins, simmering gently. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly
5 - Slice the aubergine and fry gently until softened
6 - Carefully slice the cooked potatoes
7 - Place half the mince mixture in the ovenproof dish and layer an amount of the aubergine retaining some for the top
8 - Finish with the rest of the lamb mixture and the aubergine on top. Lay the slices of potato on top and pour the sour cream on top, finished with the grated cheese
9 - Bake in the oven for 30 mins until golden. Serve with green mixed salad

Now lets hear some of your faves - Thanks :)

Welcome to DC Jonathan!! For real comfort food, anything that involves pasta or potatoes with a lot of melted cheese, like a lasagna, or canneloni or moussaka or a shepherd's pie or even just a good lamb roast!!!

A big bowl of potato and leek soup or a big chunk of meat pie with puff pastry also goes down well.

Tastes even better if someone else has made it - esp if it is made the way I like it!

Heres an easy one for one of my favorite sandwhiches.

Take 2 slices of italian (or sourdough) bread
Meat of choice
Vinegar Based ColeSlaw
Tomato
Provolone Cheese
French Fries.

Make the coleslaw (redwine vinegar, salt,pepper,sugar)
Cook off the fresh cut fries.
Place meat or protein on the bread.
Add fries quickly, topped with provolone cheese.
Slap some coleslaw on top with tomato slice.
Cut in half and enjoy!
Primanti%20Brothers%20Sandwich.jpg

Hey guys :) I don't know why but lately I've been in the mood to cook family meals etc, last night I cooked a mousakka which I loved and tonight I'm looking to cook something different but just as tasty :ROFLMAO:

Here's last night ingredients and method:

1 clove of garlic
2 large potatoes
1 onion
250-400g minced lamb
1 tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoons of fresh or dried rosemary
1 courgette
1 small carton of tomato passata and a big squeeze of tomato puree
1 medium aubergine
150ml sour cream
50g strong cheddar, emmental or gruyere
salt and pepper

1 - Peel and boil potatoes for 5 mins - cut in half once only!
2 - Preheat oven to 200 or Gas Mark 6
3 - Finely chop the onion, garlic and courgette. Don't forget to take potatoes off heat and drain - leave to cool
4 - Cook the garlic, onion and lamb mince slowly in a saucepan until softened and meat is browned. Add courgette, tomatoes, tomato puree, paprika, salt and pepper and rosemary. Cook for 10 mins, simmering gently. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly
5 - Slice the aubergine and fry gently until softened
6 - Carefully slice the cooked potatoes
7 - Place half the mince mixture in the ovenproof dish and layer an amount of the aubergine retaining some for the top
8 - Finish with the rest of the lamb mixture and the aubergine on top. Lay the slices of potato on top and pour the sour cream on top, finished with the grated cheese
9 - Bake in the oven for 30 mins until golden. Serve with green mixed salad

Now lets hear some of your faves - Thanks :)

That sounds good, kind of like a veggie/lamb lasagna almost? Layers of meat and aubergine is very creative.

Hehe :)

Your sandwich looks yummy but I'm mainly looking for recipes to use as main meals - thank you very much though

Is there a section on here dedicated to recipes, sort of like an archive of them?

Jonathan2 said:
Is there a section on here dedicated to recipes, sort of like an archive of them?

Yep! Just scroll down below the General Cooking Forums section (where you've started this thread) and you will find one called Specific Chat and Recipes. There you will find all kinds of information and recipes broken down by categories ...

Bon Appetit!

the sandwich IS a meal

there's a place in Pittsburgh Primantis in the warehouse district.

They started in the 30's making one hand meals to the guys could work and eat at the same time.

This a picture of mine being made.

img_536713_0_6498e2d71da36d38f8b2726d9f6db1b9.jpg

[SIZE=-1]www.primantibros.com/[/SIZE]

I posted one on here in the "Dine with us!' section titled "Chicken, crab, and lobster casserole. Not sure how to show a link in here for it, but if you look only at new posts then go to page two it is there.
We tried it last night and loved it, very rich.

Back
Top Bottom