Got a great new food find to share? (I do)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another one of my new finds is Sarvecchio Parmesan. I've always used Parmigiano Reggiano exclusively - all the domestic parmesans I've tried have been sub par. This one, however, is surprisingly fantastic. It's nice and aged and pungent!
SarVecchio® Parmesan

It's addictive! Would you mind sharing the recipe? I've never made my own.

Sure :)

2 cups of fresh mint leaves
1 cup of fresh coriander leaves
1 chopped onion
1 clove crushed garlic
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 tbs of sugar
4-6 green chilies
salt to taste

Blend till smooth in a blender, add a dash of water if it's too thick.

Hope you like this one, I have 2 other variations if you want!

Last edited:

1 chopped onion
1 clove crushed garlic
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 tbs of sugar
4-6 green chilies
salt to taste

Also works with lemon basil.

Another one of my new finds is Sarvecchio Parmesan. I've always used Parmigiano Reggiano exclusively - all the domestic parmesans I've tried have been sub par. This one, however, is surprisingly fantastic. It's nice and aged and pungent!
SarVecchio® Parmesan

i can't wait to find and try this parmesan cheese. i too found an exceptional domestic product in bridgford's italian salami. it comes out of chicago, has a great authentic flavor and is very reasonably priced. coming across little food treasures such as this makes me so happy....

Last edited:

1 chopped onion
1 clove crushed garlic
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 tbs of sugar
4-6 green chilies
salt to taste

Thank you! This sounds great! Which is your favorite variation?

i can't wait to find and try this parmesan cheese. i too found an exceptional domestic product in bridgford's italian salami. it comes out of chicago, has a great authentic flavor and is very reasonably priced. coming across little food treasures such as this makes me so happy....

I haven't had salami in so long - it sounds great.

I was soooo surprised when I tried the Sarvecchio - it's outstanding. My local health food store had put out some samples a few weeks ago. If I hadn't gone in the exact day and time they had the samples out, I never would have known about this cheese. Normally, I shun all domestic parmesans, so I'm really glad I gave this one a try. Let me know what you think!

merstar said:
I haven't had salami in so long - it sounds great.

I was soooo surprised when I tried the Sarvecchio - it's outstanding. My local health food store had put out some samples a few weeks ago. If I hadn't gone in the exact day and time they had the samples out, I never would have known about this cheese. Normally, I shun all domestic parmesans, so I'm really glad I gave this one a try. Let me know what you think!

Where else can you find it? Sounds fantastic!

Where else can you find it? Sounds fantastic!

I don't know where you're located, but I found it at EarthFare, which is in several states, mostly in the South.. If you have a Whole Foods near you, they might carry it - give them a call. Other than that, maybe you can email the producers via their site, and ask them where their cheese is sold in your area.
Here's a link to their site:
http://www.sartoricheese.com/

Last edited:
merstar said:
I don't know where you're located, but I found it at EarthFare, which is in several states, mostly in the South.. If you have a Whole Foods near you, they might carry it - give them a call. Other than that, maybe you can email the producers via their site, and ask them where their cheese is sold in your area.
Here's a link to their site:
http://www.sartoricheese.com/

No Whole Foods around here in Iowa, but when we go back to Mpls, it's on the list!

Thanks!

Chocolate Ice Cream made with coconut milk! This is amazing stuff. I found the recipe while desperately trying to find a frozen treat that DH could have that doesn't have dairy, soy, gluten or casein in it. Very simple and delicious!!!!

I would love the recipie if you are willing to share...........

my supermarket has been out of the dark rye bread i'd been buying the last three times i shopped for it. casting about, looking for a good substitute, i came across pepperidge farm's 100% natural german dark wheat bread. very nice. a hearty natural kind of bread with lots of yummy nutty seeds throughout. before this, i had not been having very good experiences with any of the packaged breads i was trying--none of them--rye, white, wheat, were tasting like i thought real bread should taste. i'm happy to have found this german dark wheat. if you like dark breads, give this one a try....:)

My neighbors introduced me to SOAN PAPDI, an Indian confection. It's made with Sugar, Hydrogenated vegetable Oil,Wheat Flour, Gram Flour, Cardamom, Almonds, Pistachio and Cucumber Seeds. It's an 'out-of-this-world' treat.

Back
Top Bottom