Great Snack to make - Muddy Buddies - Puppy chow - Rugrats snack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

letscook

Head Chef
I got this recipe a while ago and tried, It is great, There are several names I have heard it called - Muddy Buddies - Puppy chow - Rugrats snack. i also didn't know where to put this. Desert ? snacks?
I use all corn chex - going to use Rice next time.

Muddy Buddies - Puppy chow - Rugrats snack.
9 cups of one of these cereals (or combination of any)
Corn Chex , Rice Chex, Wheat Chex or Chocolate Chex cereal
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

1. Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
2. In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
3. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.

Substitution
Peanut butter and chocolate are a favorite flavor combo, but peanut butter lovers can substitute peanut butter chips for the chocolate chips to intensify that flavor.

I always forget how good this snack is - thank you for the reminder! You can use a brown paper bag instead of the zippie too. If you have kids helping you, it's a little easier because it's bigger.

Ive had this but have never gottten the recipe, Thanks I think i'm going to buy some chex cereal today.

yeap, sis makes this every year at our candy/cookie day. My son LOVES it, lol. He made his own batch one year.

Back
Top Bottom