Guilty pleasures!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, divine. I haven't seen that variety on the Hagen Daz shelf round here.

Caramel and toffee are to me what chocolate is to most other people. Toffee ripple ice cream, toffee muffins, caramel sauce on anything, *Grandma Singleton's Salted Caramel Cheese and I daren't have a can of Carnation Caramel in the house because I'd eat it with a spoon! I can be strong minded about most things but not caramel

*Singletons is a farmhouse dairy in Lancashire which makes cheese and the salted caramel cheese is to die for. I'm not a great cheese eater but when I found the salted caramel Cheese I broke a piece off to taste it and ended eating the whole 75 grammes in one go!

I just saw that in our grocery store for the first time yesterday and it screamed out to me to buy it. :LOL: It's pretty amazing. Mmmmm......caramel.....

Last edited:
to be read in a vincent price stylee:well done ladies,i'm impressed with the depths of food depravity that you can sink to....but i'm sure we haven't plumbed the true depths of naughtiness lurking in the dark recesses of your kitchen cupboards yet....no,not the gimp mask & handcuffs princess..this is a family forum as you keep reminding me;)!
my sacrificial offering for the day,dunn's river chicken fry mix.damn tasty,probably because the third largest ingredient is msg:ermm::LOL:!!!whaaaaat?aww c'mon you don't eat it every day & "a little of wot you fancy does you good"

Attachments

• GUILTY 001.jpg
    GUILTY 001.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
you asked for it

I love love (love!) chocolate. When I saw the picture though, yeah, it looks good, but it also, looks good. As in my first reaction was, "Oooh, pretty. Look at the colors in that photo!" A picture like that would be beautiful in an old log cabin style building used to house a candy store. My second reaction was to wonder where the hubby hid my chocolate...

I love love (love!) chocolate. When I saw the picture though, yeah, it looks good, but it also, looks good. As in my first reaction was, "Oooh, pretty. Look at the colors in that photo!" A picture like that would be beautiful in an old log cabin style building used to house a candy store. My second reaction was to wonder where the hubby hid my chocolate...

Yes, I looked for an image that said, "CHOCOLATE!!!"

tunnocks tea cakes,ahh!! a wondrous confection with legs...no,not those kind of legs,i mean they've been going for yonks.for the uninitiated they comprised of a soft biscuit base & an A cup size dome of marshmallow all covered in the cheapest,most sickly coating of chocolate...perfick!!when i was a kid they were eaten by first applying gentle pressure to the chocolate so that it broke up like a hard boiled egg shell,the bits were picked off & eaten then the marshmallow dome was peeled off the base,the biscuit eaten & then the marshmallow last of all:yum:!!sadly the filling is now a sort of whipped mousse so one is forced to stick the whole thing in one's gob all in one go.rude not to really;)!!

Attachments

• TEA CAKES 002.JPG
    TEA CAKES 002.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
tunnocks tea cakes,ahh!! a wondrous confection with legs...no,not those kind of legs,i mean they've been going for yonks.for the uninitiated they comprised of a soft biscuit base & an A cup size dome of marshmallow all covered in the cheapest,most sickly coating of chocolate...perfick!!...

Right! And the US version is the Mallomar!

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 134
Okay then, the Canadian version:

whippet__09131_zoom.jpg

Since they are believed to have been made first in Denmark, some Danish versions:

Fl%C3%B8deboller1.jpg

Hazzer where did you cop for the Dunns river chicken mix thingy is it on the Jamaicy shelf in Tesco ?????
ahoy me buxom bucko,seaman stains 'ere.ol' jamaicie? no,it be on the world foods section,ahhh,that 'e be.it really is rather good too.mix it in with your cornmeal or just dip in buttermilk then dip in the neat fry mix for a stronger flavour.£1.56 a pop,bargain!

Back
Top Bottom