"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-18-2012, 08:45 PM   #11
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 42,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSoMD View Post
My guilty pleasure.....








Make mac-n-cheese, mix in tuna and peas, top with crushed chips and bake!

WHAT?! No cream of mushroom soup??
__________________

__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:49 PM   #12
Master Chef
 
DaveSoMD's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
WHAT?! No cream of mushroom soup??
This is the low-fat version....

If I use generic MnC then I use the soup...strange I know...
__________________

__________________
Quoth the chicken, "Fry some more."
AB - Good Eats: Fry Hard II
DaveSoMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:44 PM   #13
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,467
I eat two of these a day...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dreyers poms.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	190.3 KB
ID:	14428  
__________________
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:40 PM   #14
Master Chef
 
FrankZ's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chesapeake Bay
Posts: 9,667
I love King Oscar sardines!
__________________
"First you start with a pound of bologna..."
-My Grandmother on how to make ham salad.
FrankZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:50 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire
 
buckytom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: My mountain
Posts: 19,762
i used to work with an old irishman painting interiors of schools during the summer months.

the schools didn't have air conditioning, and the paint we used was nasty, stinky, oil based stuff that smelled even worse in the summer heat and humidity.

but the kicker was that every morning at our 10am coffe break, the old bog hopper would fire up a pipe with cherry tobacco, make sourdough toast, boil a pot of irish breakfast tea, and microwave a can of king oscar sardines in oil to have on the toast with the tea.

the combination of those smells was just too much.

i ended up taking my breaks outside after that.
__________________
The next time someone asks what you did this past weekend, squint really hard and say, "Why, what did you hear?"
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:00 AM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 20,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
i used to work with an old irishman painting interiors of schools during the summer months.

the schools didn't have air conditioning, and the paint we used was nasty, stinky, oil based stuff that smelled even worse in the summer heat and humidity.

but the kicker was that every morning at our 10am coffe break, the old bog hopper would fire up a pipe with cherry tobacco, make sourdough toast, boil a pot of irish breakfast tea, and microwave a can of king oscar sardines in oil to have on the toast with the tea.

the combination of those smells was just too much.

i ended up taking my breaks outside after that.
Excuse me while I run to the outhouse to barf!
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:59 AM   #17
Executive Chef
 
Harry Cobean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 2,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Excuse me while I run to the outhouse to barf!
what?you take a barf in the outhouse? i've got an inside barfroom....it's got a barf with a shower over it,a washbasin,a toilet & a bidet to keep me beer cold while i'm in the barf!
j/k addie!
__________________
I spent a lot of money on booze,birds & fast cars.The rest I just squandered.
Harry Cobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:10 AM   #18
Executive Chef
 
Harry Cobean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 2,913
ahhhh,such hedonistic pleasures.......a joy to behold my fellow gastronauts,10 out of 10,you should all be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves i'm delighted to say.hrh fiona i can tell you're a medical cove,far too healthy!!
looks like oscars & krusteaz are pretty popular.....you really do have some great stuff over there.
right,i'm off to el supermercado molto cheapo to buy some more E numbers & banned ingredients................
__________________
I spent a lot of money on booze,birds & fast cars.The rest I just squandered.
Harry Cobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:23 AM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 20,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cobean View Post
what?you take a barf in the outhouse? i've got an inside barfroom....it's got a barf with a shower over it,a washbasin,a toilet & a bidet to keep me beer cold while i'm in the barf!
j/k addie!
Well, you know how it is in the colonies. We still live in log houses. We keep our beer in the crik to stay cold.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:32 AM   #20
Executive Chef
 
Harry Cobean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 2,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Well, you know how it is in the colonies. We still live in log houses. We keep our beer in the crik to stay cold.
FORMER colonies addie,you kicked our asses out a few years ago!!
i live up north & the southerners think we all wear cloth caps,the roads are all cobbled,wear clogs,work down the mines & walk our whippets everywhere we go.....hang on...we do....!!
__________________

__________________
I spent a lot of money on booze,birds & fast cars.The rest I just squandered.
Harry Cobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.