Guilty pleasures!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FORMER colonies addie,you kicked our asses out a few years ago;)!!
i live up north & the southerners think we all wear cloth caps,the roads are all cobbled,wear clogs,work down the mines & walk our whippets everywhere we go.....hang on...we do....:ermm::LOL::ROFLMAO:!!

Well the Queen or one of her kin keep showing up here to check on us.

Any minute I expect you to burst into song with the Welsh miners. :LOL: BTW, I was married to a bloke from Cockermouth, Cumberland. Took me a long time to figure out what a nappy was. He had a very strong Scottish accent. My youngest daughter learned to talk from him. It took me a year to get rid of her Scottish accent. She could roll those R's like a beer barrel.

Well the Queen or one of her kin keep showing up here to check on us.

Any minute I expect you to burst into song with the Welsh miners. :LOL: BTW, I was married to a bloke from Cockermouth, Cumberland. Took me a long time to figure out what a nappy was. He had a very strong Scottish accent. My youngest daughter learned to talk from him. It took me a year to get rid of her Scottish accent. She could roll those R's like a beer barrel.
the queen? nobody's told her yet....they wouldn't dare "off with their head" is still a very popular phrase round buck house!!
the nappy thing...that must have been messy for a while addie:LOL:!!cockermouth is in cumbria but i know what you mean,very beautiful part of the world it is too,right on the edge of the lake district & birthplace of william wordsworth.it was that area & the fields full of daffodils that inspired the poem.
i was born & grew up in north wales,strong rugby & mining tradition.i played rugby but they wouldn't let me down the pits 'cos i couldn't sing.mind you i did scream a few times during a game...a painful sport!!!

Last edited:
the queen? nobody's told her yet....they wouldn't dare "off with their head" is still a very popular phrase round buck house!!
the nappy thing...that must have been messy for a while addie:LOL:!!cockermouth is in cumbria but i know what you mean,very beautiful part of the world it is too,right on the edge of the lake district & birthplace of william wordsworth.it was that area & the fields full of daffodils that inspired the poem.
i was born & grew up in north wales,strong rugby & mining tradition.i played rugby but they wouldn't let me down the pits 'cos i couldn't sing.mind you i did scream a few times during a game...a painful sport!!!

I wandered lonely as a cloud....

....and came upon a host of golden daffodils.

One of the first poems I ever memorized. My daughter lives on Wordsworth Street the next block over from me. We live in the poets district of this town. Some streets are named after European cities, some after battles of the Revolutionary War, some after poets, etc.

My ideal vacation would be to visit Wales in the springtime when all the glee clubs are rehearsing. My favorite folk song is "All through The Night."

Sleep my child and God will tend me,
All through the night.
Guardian angels God will send me,
All through the night.

Sang that many times to my babies. Makes for beautiful harmony.

lol, it's difficult not to read that like a kennedy/quimby.

"all, er, ah, throoough the noight".

:cool:

i used to work with an old irishman painting interiors of schools during the summer months.

the schools didn't have air conditioning, and the paint we used was nasty, stinky, oil based stuff that smelled even worse in the summer heat and humidity.

but the kicker was that every morning at our 10am coffe break, the old bog hopper would fire up a pipe with cherry tobacco, make sourdough toast, boil a pot of irish breakfast tea, and microwave a can of king oscar sardines in oil to have on the toast with the tea.

the combination of those smells was just too much. :sick:

i ended up taking my breaks outside after that.

I like King Oscars on toast with a slice of onion, then the sardines and top with squiggles of yellow ballpark mustard. I admit, at work, no one wants you to share the love.

I wandered lonely as a cloud....

....and came upon a host of golden daffodils.

One of the first poems I ever memorized. My daughter lives on Wordsworth Street the next block over from me. We live in the poets district of this town. Some streets are named after European cities, some after battles of the Revolutionary War, some after poets, etc.

My ideal vacation would be to visit Wales in the springtime when all the glee clubs are rehearsing. My favorite folk song is "All through The Night."

Sleep my child and God will tend me,
All through the night.
Guardian angels God will send me,
All through the night.

Sang that many times to my babies. Makes for beautiful harmony.
there ya go addie,sung by a real welsh miners male voice choir,in welsh,in wales.a beautiful country with a fine history & strong traditions.the welsh call it "gods own country" i'm very proud to be welsh
Ar Hyd a Nos - YouTube

Last edited:
I get 1 ounce of this a day:

Attachments

• 3oz_chimp_large__59444_zoom.jpg
    3oz_chimp_large__59444_zoom.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 251
  • 3oz_panther_large__71890_zoom.jpg
    3oz_panther_large__71890_zoom.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 117
  • 3oz_tiger_large__28528_zoom.jpg
    3oz_tiger_large__28528_zoom.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 112
I don't bake anymore so I get all my pies etc from the local bakery. No pics of that stuff.

Some of the guilty pleasures in my kitchen:

ForumRunner_20120719_102305.png

ForumRunner_20120719_102329.png

ForumRunner_20120719_102342.png

ForumRunner_20120719_102355.png

ForumRunner_20120719_102410.png

ForumRunner_20120719_102424.png

ForumRunner_20120719_102439.png

We also have a Diagorno (sp?) pizza in the freezer and mac and cheese in the pantry but I wasn't going to dig them out to take pics. The instant chocolate pudding is the hubby's (bleh) but the pecan sandies are mine. :)

mel,purple & cerise...that's a bit like purple isn't it:wacko:?...anyway,where was i?oh yes...you are all very naughty.....well done,you make me proud:cool:!
i lied yesterday:ohmy: there's more & all i can say in my defence is that i add the instant mash to the salt water i soak live mussels in.....plumps 'em up a treat;)

Attachments

• MORE GUILTY PLEASURES 008.JPG
    MORE GUILTY PLEASURES 008.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 145
  • MORE GUILTY PLEASURES 009.jpg
    MORE GUILTY PLEASURES 009.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 158
  • MORE GUILTY PLEASURES 010.jpg
    MORE GUILTY PLEASURES 010.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 167
  • MORE GUILTY PLEASURES 012.JPG
    MORE GUILTY PLEASURES 012.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 153
  • MORE GUILTY PLEASURES 011.JPG
    MORE GUILTY PLEASURES 011.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 159
  • MORE GUILTY PLEASURES 005.JPG
    MORE GUILTY PLEASURES 005.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 149
  • MORE GUILTY PLEASURES 007.JPG
    MORE GUILTY PLEASURES 007.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 153
  • MORE GUILTY PLEASURES 006.JPG
    MORE GUILTY PLEASURES 006.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Harry: Cool Post, My Friend

I love sorbet and rasberry sauce ... So here is a photo of home made Italian Orange Sorbette with fresh rasberry coulis ... and the bottom plate is home made Crépes with fresh orange Gran Marnier Salsa ...

Attachments

• coulis de fruta.jpg
    coulis de fruta.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Harry Cobean;1163001[B said:
]mel,purple & cerise...that's a bit like purple isn't it:wacko:?...[/B]anyway,where was i?oh yes...you are all very naughty.....well done,you make me proud:cool:!
i lied yesterday:ohmy: there's more & all i can say in my defence is that i add the instant mash to the salt water i soak live mussels in.....plumps 'em up a treat;)

Same cuisine, different products.

Good stuff, H. Don't get to see or try them here.

There's a cooking show here on Food Network called "Chopped." Four chefs are given baskets with unusual ingredients, & compete to make a "Gourmet" (well, palatable) dish.

Here's a Challenge. What dishes do you make with your goodies?

I've made French Onion Pierogy Soup (they sell frozen pierogies here).

Potsticker soup.

What dishes have you made? (Just for fun ;):chef:)

Back
Top Bottom