"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 12-23-2012, 06:58 PM   #201
Executive Chef

I just found another !! Given to me a few days ago, tried it tonight ... Merry Christmas to me !!!

Old 12-24-2012, 07:32 AM   #202
Executive Chef

...so mrs, what's the word on the godiva liqueur? how would it taste in coffee? as an ice cream topping?
okay santa, if i can't have jamie, how about you bring me a a bottle of that godiva liqueur, in the dark chocolate, please....:)

Old 12-24-2012, 09:27 AM   #203
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
...so mrs, what's the word on the godiva liqueur? how would it taste in coffee? as an ice cream topping?
okay santa, if i can't have jamie, how about you bring me a a bottle of that godiva liqueur, in the dark chocolate, please....:)
Oh V .. it is best described as YUM !!!

I did have it in coffee, I had it in coffee again with a bit of kahlua. It was delicious.

No ice cream but I'm sure it would be perfecto ! It would sure adult up a milkshake. I had it in a white russian.

It's also available in milk chocolate as well as dark ... I think to keep things balanced we need one of each !!!!
Old 12-24-2012, 09:45 AM   #204
Executive Chef

i think i like the way you think, mrs! one white, one milk and one dark--sounds perfect. what, no semisweet or baker's chocolate? :)

pretty pretty bottle, too....:)
Old 12-24-2012, 12:15 PM   #205
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

The dark chocolate is divine! I like it in little sips...all by itself.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:16 PM   #206
Executive Chef

does the liqueur taste something like a godiva chocolate melting in your mouth? i have loved godiva chocolates for like forever....i'm afraid this has been passed on to my daughter and grandkids though.(help)
Old 12-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #207
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLMB View Post
I just found another

Oh, yeah, I love this stuff, mixed with evaporated milk on ice, if you want to make a bit stronger add a splash of vodka. Yum.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:20 PM   #208
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
does the liqueur taste something like a godiva chocolate melting in your mouth? i have loved godiva chocolates for like forever....i'm afraid this has been passed on to my daughter and grandkids though.(help)
Well I have never had Godiva white chocolate so can't give you an honest answer on that. But it will make your coffee taste like heaven on steroids!!

I think we need to get PF to let us know about how the dark chocolate compares to the candy since she is in love with the dark.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:07 PM   #209
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Rich intense chocolate taste, it is dark chocolate heaven. I like it all by itself, but it's really good in a coffee too for a rich mocha.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:03 PM   #210
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Italian bread and either, salami or prosciuto
Kades; you would have loved our normal Christmas daily meal. It started about noon, and went until everyone was satisfied. We'd spread the dining room table with an assortment of good deli meats, my own smoked, very lean, roast beef, sliced ultra thin, along with an assortment of great cheese, and several kinds of bread and bread rolls. Veggies were sliced and in the fridge, along with the condiments.

For one of my boys, when he was between about 8 years old, through to when he moved out on his own, the "Feast" as he called it, was second only to opening presents. He'd run into the dining room, and exclaim with as much excitement, and wide eyed expectation as a boy can muster - The Feast! - and then dig in. It was a means of serving up food to everyone in the house, passed down from my MIL (and all you guys who dread seeing your MIL, you don't have one like I have one. She's a peach, and she knows I think so.).

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote