"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 10-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #281
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
My cholesterol medicine just threw it's hands in the air and cried, "Bring it on!!!"
now we're talkin' pf!!

Old 10-28-2013, 05:27 PM   #282
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
A man after my own heart We save chicken skin from braising chicken and crisp it in the toaster oven to have as a little snack with a nice sprinkle of sea salt. So good
I put my chicken skin into a dry, CI pan, and render the fat out while cooking other things. I share that crispy deliciousness with DW, and any kids that might be visiting. Salt is mandatory.

They should sell cracklin's, both pork and chicken in restaurants, as appys.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:00 AM   #283
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post
I put my chicken skin into a dry, CI pan, and render the fat out while cooking other things. I share that crispy deliciousness with DW, and any kids that might be visiting. Salt is mandatory.

They should sell cracklin's, both pork and chicken in restaurants, as appys.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
couple of years ago bolas,madge & i went to an indian restaurant,not far from bolas's,for the christmas day "eat all you like" lunch buffet.they had fried chicken skin on the appy trolley there!!they also have it on the regular buffet menu too chief!!
Old 10-29-2013, 05:04 PM   #284
Executive Chef

not a guilty pleasure at first glance,but they are when you eat them by the tin full,love 'em....just as well really with the amount of garlic i get through!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MINTS 001.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	19271  
Old 10-29-2013, 09:49 PM   #285
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cobean View Post
not a guilty pleasure at first glance,but they are when you eat them by the tin full,love 'em....just as well really with the amount of garlic i get through!!
You reminded me of something. I hate mint. A friend's girlfriend was about to eat a mint. "Why are you doing that?" "Because I want to kiss you and I have garlic on my breath." "Please don't. I like garlic. I hate mint."
Old 10-29-2013, 09:59 PM   #286
Chef Extraordinaire

me I love anchovy and garlic also I adore smoked trout right out of the tin, same with deviled ham and liverwurst, give me imported tuna in evoo, small slices of pumpernickel bread, as you can see there isn't much chocolate here I don't care for it much but I do like to make cream puffs, I love caramel on ice cream most of my pleasures are the savory type . Will see what else is in my pantry.
kades
Old 10-30-2013, 07:13 AM   #287
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
me I love anchovy and garlic also I adore smoked trout right out of the tin, same with deviled ham and liverwurst, give me imported tuna in evoo, small slices of pumpernickel bread, as you can see there isn't much chocolate here I don't care for it much but I do like to make cream puffs, I love caramel on ice cream most of my pleasures are the savory type . Will see what else is in my pantry.
kades
all sounds good to me kades.....see if there's a camera in the pantry while you're at it!!
Old 10-30-2013, 07:16 AM   #288
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
You reminded me of something. I hate mint. A friend's girlfriend was about to eat a mint. "Why are you doing that?" "Because I want to kiss you and I have garlic on my breath." "Please don't. I like garlic. I hate mint."
i love both tax.send her over to me!!
Old 10-30-2013, 01:45 PM   #289
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
kades

kades, you have my mouth is SO watering right now, an' i don't have ANY of those goodies here. i would give anything to have your pantry right now--here, you can have all my lindt balls...?
Old 10-30-2013, 04:00 PM   #290
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
kades, you have my mouth is SO watering right now, an' i don't have ANY of those goodies here. i would give anything to have your pantry right now--here, you can have all my lindt balls...?
How's Mr. Lindt feel about that, you giving away his..., no, I'm not going to do it. I'm not going there.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote