Guilty pleasures!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well,it IS a guilty pleasure of mine.i love fireworks...halloween is only a week away & bommy(bonfire)night is the week after that...stocking up now & probably have a few practice runs before then...whaaat?don't ask me,i don't know what i want to do when i grow up either:rolleyes::LOL:!!

Attachments

• FIREWORKS 001.jpg
    FIREWORKS 001.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 166
little white lie when i said i had nothing to eat last night:angel:....cracked a bottle of californian zinfandel & nibbled on a couple of these.well,they are only mini size(3 for £1.20/less than $1 in tesco)& the zin is great with choccy.the cadbury's bar has got popping candy & mini jelly beans in it....mmmmmm:yum:!

Attachments

• CHOCCY 001.JPG
    CHOCCY 001.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 143
Butter toffee with almonds. Every year when I make it, I can't stay out of it, I'm not sure what it is that makes it so addictive. This obsession started when my grandmother sent a package from Swiss Colony of their butter toffee, and I loved it so much.

Butter toffee with almonds. Every year when I make it, I can't stay out of it, I'm not sure what it is that makes it so addictive. This obsession started when my grandmother sent a package from Swiss Colony of their butter toffee, and I loved it so much.
Is that the hard toffee?

I prepared and roasted two chickens for SO's chicken pies. I quarter the chickens and roast them on a half sheet pan.

My guilty pleasure is the price I charge SO for this service. I get to eat all the crispy golden brown skin. I just stand there with a salt shaker and rip that ambrosia off the chicken, give them a dash of salt and munch away. There is little in this world that elicits the taste response that chicken skin does.

If I could buy chicken skin on it's own and roast it, I would.

I prepared and roasted two chickens for SO's chicken pies. I quarter the chickens and roast them on a half sheet pan.

My guilty pleasure is the price I charge SO for this service. I get to eat all the crispy golden brown skin. I just stand there with a salt shaker and rip that ambrosia off the chicken, give them a dash of salt and munch away. There is little in this world that elicits the taste response that chicken skin does.

A man after my own heart ;) We save chicken skin from braising chicken and crisp it in the toaster oven to have as a little snack with a nice sprinkle of sea salt. So good :wub:

A man after my own heart ;) We save chicken skin from braising chicken and crisp it in the toaster oven to have as a little snack with a nice sprinkle of sea salt. So good :wub:
Good idea GG.

Stirling doesn't like the skin. Mwahaha, more for me. :pig:

I do that with the skin when I simmer chicken parts for a chicken soup. After it is cooked, I take it out of the stock and peel the skin off and crisp it up. Anytime I had a couple of chickens in the oven roasting, the kids were right there when they came out of the oven. Who was going to get the skin was always a battle. :angel:

I do that with the skin when I simmer chicken parts for a chicken soup. After it is cooked, I take it out of the stock and peel the skin off and crisp it up. Anytime I had a couple of chickens in the oven roasting, the kids were right there when they came out of the oven. Who was going to get the skin was always a battle. :angel:

I bet it was with five kids! ;) :yum:

My arteries just cried out ...they wish they could join in.

crispy chicken skin,pork crackling(rind),skin on a grilled piece of fish where it has gone all bubbly & singed in places....deeelish!be lost without my rotiss,really gets a good colour/crispness on the skin....that one is just for you & your arteries princess!!

Attachments

• GUINEA FOWL 005.JPG
    GUINEA FOWL 005.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 144
  • GUINEA FOWL 006.JPG
    GUINEA FOWL 006.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
crispy chicken skin,pork crackling(rind),skin on a grilled piece of fish where it has gone all bubbly & singed in places....deeelish!be lost without my rotiss,really gets a good colour/crispness on the skin....that one is just for you & your arteries princess!!

My cholesterol medicine just threw it's hands in the air and cried, "Bring it on!!!"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom