Guilty pleasures!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A man after my own heart ;) We save chicken skin from braising chicken and crisp it in the toaster oven to have as a little snack with a nice sprinkle of sea salt. So good :wub:

I put my chicken skin into a dry, CI pan, and render the fat out while cooking other things. I share that crispy deliciousness with DW, and any kids that might be visiting. Salt is mandatory.

They should sell cracklin's, both pork and chicken in restaurants, as appys.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I put my chicken skin into a dry, CI pan, and render the fat out while cooking other things. I share that crispy deliciousness with DW, and any kids that might be visiting. Salt is mandatory.

They should sell cracklin's, both pork and chicken in restaurants, as appys.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
couple of years ago bolas,madge & i went to an indian restaurant,not far from bolas's,for the christmas day "eat all you like" lunch buffet.they had fried chicken skin on the appy trolley there:yum:!!they also have it on the regular buffet menu too chief:cool:!!

not a guilty pleasure at first glance,but they are when you eat them by the tin full,love 'em....just as well really with the amount of garlic i get through:rolleyes:!!

Attachments

• MINTS 001.JPG
    MINTS 001.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 146
not a guilty pleasure at first glance,but they are when you eat them by the tin full,love 'em....just as well really with the amount of garlic i get through:rolleyes:!!
You reminded me of something. I hate mint. A friend's girlfriend was about to eat a mint. "Why are you doing that?" "Because I want to kiss you and I have garlic on my breath." "Please don't. I like garlic. I hate mint." :LOL:

me I love anchovy and garlic also I adore smoked trout right out of the tin, same with deviled ham and liverwurst, give me imported tuna in evoo, small slices of pumpernickel bread, as you can see there isn't much chocolate here I don't care for it much but I do like to make cream puffs, I love caramel on ice cream most of my pleasures are the savory type . Will see what else is in my pantry.
kades

me I love anchovy and garlic also I adore smoked trout right out of the tin, same with deviled ham and liverwurst, give me imported tuna in evoo, small slices of pumpernickel bread, as you can see there isn't much chocolate here I don't care for it much but I do like to make cream puffs, I love caramel on ice cream most of my pleasures are the savory type . Will see what else is in my pantry.
kades
all sounds good to me kades.....see if there's a camera in the pantry while you're at it;)!!

You reminded me of something. I hate mint. A friend's girlfriend was about to eat a mint. "Why are you doing that?" "Because I want to kiss you and I have garlic on my breath." "Please don't. I like garlic. I hate mint." :LOL:
i love both tax.send her over to me;):LOL:!!

kades

kades, you have my mouth is SO watering right now, an' i don't have ANY of those goodies here. i would give anything to have your pantry right now--here, you can have all my lindt balls...?

kades, you have my mouth is SO watering right now, an' i don't have ANY of those goodies here. i would give anything to have your pantry right now--here, you can have all my lindt balls...?

How's Mr. Lindt feel about that, you giving away his..., no, I'm not going to do it. I'm not going there. :LOL:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

got these in for the trick or treaters tomorrow night then thought "soddit,too good for the likes of them,i'll pretend i'm out:rolleyes:!"

Attachments

• LEBANESE FLATBREAD 001.JPG
    LEBANESE FLATBREAD 001.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 162
always have a pack in the fridge,which doesn't last long,let me tell you.also qualifies as a "lifes to short for chopping....etc" contender so posted it there too:yum:!

Attachments

• JARLSBERG 001.jpg
    JARLSBERG 001.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
always have a pack in the fridge,which doesn't last long,let me tell you.also qualifies as a "lifes to short for chopping....etc" contender so posted it there too:yum:!
We also always have some of that Jarlsberg in the fridge. It's so nice to have real cheese that is already sliced, when I feel lazy. We buy it at Costco.

all sounds good to me kades.....see if there's a camera in the pantry while you're at it;)!!
I'd love to take the pics but would not be able to post them as I don't get along well with my computer. It refuses to Obey me!! If I can get hold of my daughter we might be able to get this into being.:ohmy:
kades

We also always have some of that Jarlsberg in the fridge. It's so nice to have real cheese that is already sliced, when I feel lazy. We buy it at Costco.
costco? never seen it there tax.damned good excuse to pay them a visit & have a good look tho':rolleyes:!

I'd love to take the pics but would not be able to post them as I don't get along well with my computer. It refuses to Obey me!! If I can get hold of my daughter we might be able to get this into being.:ohmy:
kades
well crack on kades,we're waiting:whistling!

Favorite "Swiss" style cheese, I can say that I prefer it to just about any Swiss that I've tried. Even Jarlesberg Light is decent, even though I think "light" cheese is a sin!

jarlsberg is my favorite swiss cheese, too. i've been buying it as a 10oz. wedge, using a cheese slicer to make thin slices, when thin is what i want. the $4.69 price is too good to pass up for the pricy pre-sliced varieties. the payoff? my way, i get to eat twice as much jarlsberg as before....

Favorite "Swiss" style cheese, I can say that I prefer it to just about any Swiss that I've tried. Even Jarlesberg Light is decent, even though I think "light" cheese is a sin!

jarlsberg is my favorite swiss cheese, too. i've been buying it as a 10oz. wedge, using a cheese slicer to make thin slices, when thin is what i want. the $4.69 price is too good to pass up for the pricy pre-sliced varieties. the payoff? my way, i get to eat twice as much jarlsberg as before....
it is a "belter" of a cheese to be sure:yum:!so,now i know what you mean when you guy's talk about "swiss",any cheese with holes in,right?

it is a "belter" of a cheese to be sure:yum:!so,now i know what you mean when you guy's talk about "swiss",any cheese with holes in,right?

I'm just referring to it as a cheese made in a similar style to Swiss and Emmental. Pretty much any cheese like this with holes will be referred to as Swiss here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom