Gumption

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PieSusan

Washing Up
Does anyone know where I can buy gumption? I have not had any this holiday season and I am behind in my baking and candymaking. I know once I get started, I will be fine. Bring the body and the mind will follow....
but, if you know where to buy gumption, please pm me.
Thanks, Susan:)

There are a lot of us around who have lost their mojo this season Susan....

I'm hoping it'll show up very soon! Good luck!

Does anyone know where I can buy gumption? I have not had any this holiday season and I am behind in my baking and candymaking. I know once I get started, I will be fine. Bring the body and the mind will follow....
but, if you know where to buy gumption, please pm me.
Thanks, Susan:)

Gumption can be found in the same aisle where the "round tuit" is. Although, I think the shelf with the "round tuit" is much larger than the one with gumption.:wacko:

I've been looking for both.

Well... you can have hot fudge and whipped cream but.. I have no cherries...sorry!!!

: )

Ooohhh hot fudge, chocolate mint chip and whipped cream!!! Will that give me gumption??? lol

Barb

And I thought that I was the only one.

It gives comfort to know that I am not the only one. It makes me sad to know that so many are feeling "Out of gear" for the holidays.

While ice cream, may I have chocolate please, helps, it gets digested and we go on.

Maybe we can focus on some one or more that one who's life we would like to lift over the holiday. If we do that, maybe we can share some of their joy.

What do you think? Worth a try?

AC

No, you are not the only one. The only thing I have made this year is one batch of Ginger Bread Men for my boys. I have had people at work ask when I was making this or that, and have not started.

Whew! is this the thread for me!!!
I'm usually 8 batches of cookies in and starting candies.
I'm forcing the 2nd and don't give a rip about candy.
:(
At this point I just pray I find it next season.

:) I wonder why we are feeling this way is it the state of our country or the fact that a lot of folks aren't going to have any Christmas because of the above this year? I think I can only get motivated is to do something for some one less fortunate than me maybe there is a guilt factor since it's not a great time in this country. I also would make all kinds of xmas treats to pass around but decided a long time ago to not bother except for the polar bear cookies for the ranch party but that was for the kids more than anything else.

i know how everyone feels. here we are a week out and i have done no decorations in my house. my lights outside haven't been put up. i really don't care, seems to be to much work this year. money is tight here as everywhere and that is part of it. shouldn't be perhaps but it is. family was not really into picking out what to do. on the eve or the day. so guess we will go through the motions and hope the real spirit shows up.

I am really glad I am not the only one. I thought maybe the gumption had been stopped at the border but it doesn't seem like the US has any either. It took me all day to bake a batch of shortbread I should have been able to do in my sleep.

Oh, and Susan, I have the cherries and chocolate sauce if you have the whipping cream and ice cream! The cherries are for cookies I probably won't get done because I ran out of gumption.

Everything does seem so much more difficult, this year. Basically,I am going though the motions and not enjoying anything. I just addressed my cards and will put them in the mail in the morning. DH helped by sealing and stamping, because he probably figured that I wouldn't do it. I promised to bake his favorite cookies this weekend.
I'm so sorry that so many of you feel this way, but it feels better that I'm not alone.

Back
Top Bottom