Halloween food ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tntvermilion

Assistant Cook
I hope I have posted this in the right place. My kids are having a halloween party and I am wanting to come up with some different ideas for food or drinks. If any one has any good ideas I would really appreciate them.

Thanks,
Teri

My favorite as a kid was popcorn balls. You could do orange popcorn balls. There are many recipes online that include butterscotch, orange marmalade, ect. Or you can add a little food coloring to white chocolate and drizzle over. (Maybe use orange M&M's?)

Another idea taken of one of Gida's shows on Food Network. Spread out sugar cookie dough on a cookie sheet. Bake. I believe it was 325. Then after baked spread orange marmalade on top. Then drizzle chocolate. When cool, cut into squares.

Pick up the latest issue of Taste Of Home magazine!! They have so many great ideas for Halloween in it this year!!

When I was a child, my parents let me have a Halloween party. One of the things my mother made was mini cream puffs. She tinted the sweetened whipped cream filling orange and then drizzled dark chocolate on the tops. Very Halloweenie.

Also, I happened to notice that the November issue of Woman's Day magazine had several really fun Halloween party food ideas. Cute and perfect for children. Look on page 117 to see what I'm talking about.

I agree with Shunka. Taste of Home's October/November issue has some great ideas. I loved the "finger" food on page 66. Probably takes a little tiime, but really scary.:wacko:

Hope you have a great time.:)

Katie, I really liked the idea of the "Worms for Brains." Wish I had thought of that for my daughters when they were little.

I used to make, for my son, a ham sandwich, place his hand on the sandwich to make an impression, then cut it in the shape of his hand. Where the "wrist" is supposed to be I'd cover it in ketchup :rolleyes:

I chose an American site, cos all that 'converting' from grammes to cups is far too taxing for me - so I thought a US site would be helpful!:cool:

Back
Top Bottom