Has anyone heard of Turducken?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My father-in-law got a pre-made one a couple of years ago. It was okay...I seem to remeber it being kinda dry, and I think it may also had some sausage stuffed inside the duck?

Making your own looks like alot of work unless you're skilled with de-boning birds. You may try one for the experience, but like the others have said, it's a bit more of a novelty than anything.

Had a friend who did it for their Thanksgiving a couple years ago. At first I assumed he had come up with it, until I saw it mentioned somewhere else later on. Roasted that beast for 8 hours, lol. And the real kicker? There were only 4 people for the Thanksgiving!

I made this once before, and I was unbelievable time consuming. It is a deboned duck, with duck stuffing, stuffed inside of a deboned chicken, with a different stuffing around the duck, stuffed inside of a deboned turkey with another stuffing around the chicken. The think weighed about 30 lbs, and it is all meat. You need about 25 to 30 people to make a dent in that thing. It was delicious. I prefer making a deboned chicken with shrimp and crab (not the fake stuff) stuffing.

turduckens have become very popular; so there are lots of versions out there.

before passing judgment on them, i suggest spending the $$$ and ordering one from Hebert's in Maurice, La. to get the REAL DEAL... perfectly seasoned and delicious thru & thru.

turduckens have become very popular; so there are lots of versions out there.

before passing judgment on them, i suggest spending the $$$ and ordering one from Hebert's in Maurice, La. to get the REAL DEAL... perfectly seasoned and delicious thru & thru.

That is kinda what I was trying to say in post #19. I think if I got one from Herbert's or down there in LA it would be very good. Gotta from some other online catalog company maybe not so much and it ends up much more of a novelty for the person trying it.
And doing it myself is still way out of the question, LOL.

PS, I don't think I saw a link for Herbert's, do you have info on them like a web site or number to request a catalog?

Turducken used to be a novelty. Now it's available frozen in every single supermarket around here. Whole "Turduckens" run around $55-$60. And then there is the new "Turducken Breast", which runs around $35.

I haven't tried either one. Just doesn't interest me.

I've made two, one each Consephovent, a holiday my freinds and I made up to celebrate together in lieu of Christmas, which is spent with our family. The theme of the holiday is Consumption (We were making fun of the fact that we all worked in Retail and people came to the shops in the hundreds at Christmas time) and what's more excessive then three birds stuffed together?

They're delicious, impressive, and we take about two days to make it, but we do it as a group (With me as chief meat-manipulator). I'ma find photos of the last one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom