Having tea for the Royal Wedding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just got flamed a bit at Serious Eats (along with other folks) for making light of the wedding. The topic title was "What are you making for the Royal Wedding?" and my response was "I didn't realize it was potluck--you saved me heaps of embarrassment."

No, I'll be sleeping.
Grass mate flamed I got cremated on the BBC food site for my recomendations for the royal breakfast, "Toad in the hole" seemed to set them off:)

Alright, ok, - I "get it" that this marriage is a super-wonderful thing to the folks "in the know"..., but, maybe its the USA in me, but, without being rude - Where on earth were these "special people" when my DH & me "tied the knot"?!?!!...ummm....*crickets chirping* they didn't care what I was up to that day...not to sound "prudish", but, this couple could get married in their b-day suiits, &, my day will NOT change.
My day won't change a bit. 2 more rich people are getting married - yay on them. *clap, clap, claps to them* I plan on making my meatloaf/mashed potatoes, & watching the results of the American Idol voting results, then, off to watch ABDC.....WHOO-HOO!!

Grass mate flamed I got cremated on the BBC food site for my recomendations for the royal breakfast, "Toad in the hole" seemed to set them off:)

I don't know why anyone would get upset! That sounds appropriate! :LOL:

And then finish off dinner with the old fashioned British gooseberry dessert... called a "Fool"!!! :ROFLMAO:

The only reason I'll watch any of it is cos they've gone and made the day a bank holiday so most places will be closed... I really don't care about the wedding or the dress.... I'd quite like to see the cake but that seems to be the one part they aren't showing.

I am a royalist at heart.I will therefore be having a special tea in honour of the Royal Wedding. English Breakfast tea will be served in Royal Doulton china (purchased from Harrods) with cucumber sandwiches. Strawberry jam and cream scones will also be on the menu.Looking forward to my 'English tea' while watching Kate walk down the aisle.

I had a lovely tea today. We had English Breakfast with Orange Scones, Bread Pudding with Custard, Homemade Fresh Strawberry Jam (still warm) Whipped Cream, Tea biscuits. We watched the Wedding and had a wonderful morning!!

Attachments

• Picture 238.jpg
    Picture 238.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 195
  • Picture 240.jpg
    Picture 240.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 172
  • Picture 241.jpg
    Picture 241.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 174
  • Picture 243.jpg
    Picture 243.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 173
I'm one who isn't interested in the wedding.

However, SO has asked me to record it for later viewing. I don't mind doing that at all. But then she's going to want to watch the recording just about the time I want to turn on the ball game.

I guess I'll be at another TV.

I got up at 5:30a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep, so, shlepped my blanket and pillow into the living room, got comfy on the sofa and WATCHED THE WHOLE THING!!!!...LOL

Back
Top Bottom