Help! Dinner!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nes

Assistant Cook
Oh I love it when he does this too me...

Husband is bringing a friend over at 6pm for a QUICK dinner before they go to the hockey game. It's 4:15 and I have nothing defrosted except stewing beef (which husband hates).

I've got every basic cooking ingredient you would need, lots of peppers, carrots, onions still coming out of the garden, but they have to go into a meat-based meal because someone doesn't know how many vegetables his loving wife makes him eat... :ROFLMAO:.

I have chicken breast & all cuts of frozen beef.

We had slopped joes last night so I can't do that twice.
Pizza the night before, pasta the night before that.

HELP!!! What can I make?? :wacko:

3 adults, a 2 year old and a 8 month old that is currently eating 2x his own weight... (so 4 adults)

Edit: AH!! We don't have chicken, @&#$!!!

Last edited:
Just thinking out loud here...how about a chili made with the stew beef? if you trim the fat off the stew beef and cut into small cubes, like 1/2" size, brown in a dutch oven will he know it is stew beef?

I assume the stew beef is beef chuck? Do you have a meat grinder or food processor? Can you make your own ground beef and make stuffed peppers? You could mix in grated carrots and get them into the meal as well.

What other cuts do you have in the freezer? If you have ground beef you can defrost it in a microwave and make either if the above.

Meat balls and gravy with mashed or baked potatoes or as subs?

Last edited:
I'm glad a man said it first!! My husband did this to me once, and only once.

Given the large bold RED characters...I was just wondering...um....with all due respect of course.......what happened to him? gulp...wipes forehead...get's ready to flee.

;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom