Help! Farfelle w/Creamy Mushroom Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ziggymoonunit

Assistant Cook
I got this recipe out of a magazine years ago and made it. It is supposed to be a vegetarian main dish but I always made it as a side and it is tasty.

I need some help, though. I want to add chicken to it and I am unsure of how to change the ingredients to support it. I was going to cut chicken breast into chunks and cook it in a skillet and add to the pasta. Now, do I cut the amount of pasta in the recipe or do I up the amount of sauce that I am making?

Please, any suggestions are welcome as I am not a cook, I can follow a recipe and that's it, lol.

thanks for the welcome :) so keep the amount of pasta the same and just increase the sauce? Is that what you are saying? I'm not trying to be stupid, just want to get it right :)

thanks for the welcome :) so keep the amount of pasta the same and just increase the sauce? Is that what you are saying? I'm not trying to be stupid, just want to get it right :)

Yes, and cooking the chicken before putting it in the pasta and sauce. Would be good with some steamed broccoli in there, too!:)

I would cook the chicken breast whole to get some nice browning. Then cut it up and add it. Don't know what your sauce recipe is, but adding a little marsala might be really tasty.;)

Quick and easy Chicken Farfelle:
1/2 lb pasta (Bow Ties)
2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup or more graded cheese , after sifting (to remove the fillers) unless using fresh.
2 boiled chicken breasts, cut into bite size peices
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup frozen peas for garnish
2 egg yokes

Cook and hold pasta,(a little butter will help to sauce to "stick")

in a saucepan heat cream until almost boiling.

add cheese and stirr until melted

add the peas to the sauce untill warm,

Thicken with the egg yokes,

place chicken over th pasta,

Pour sauce over the pasta and serve

Last edited:
Quick and easy Chicken Farfelle:
1/2 lb pasta (Bow Ties)
2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup or more graded cheese , after sifting (to remove the fillers) unless using fresh.
2 boiled chicken breasts, cut into bite size peices
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup frozen peas for garnish
2 egg yokes

Cook and hold pasta,(a little butter will help to sauce to "stick")

in a saucepan heat cream until almost boiling.

add cheese and stirr until melted

add the peas to the sauce untill warm,

Thicken with the egg yokes,

place chicken over th pasta,

Pour sauce over the pasta and serve

Sounds like a nice recipe but I would assume you meant to add tempering the egg yolks before adding them to the hot mix, otherwise they will be scrambled eggs. ;)

Back
Top Bottom