Help for a bake sale benefit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angie

Head Chef
We (my work) are having a benefit/bake/garage sale this Saturday for a woman I work with. Her 14 yr old son was born with one kidney and it is failing. He is on dialysis and is waiting to see if his mom's kidney will match.

She's a single mom of three with no support from her ex husband. Her boyfriend also has three kids, with little to no support from his ex. So, here is a family of 8 with little money, a failing kidney, and now with the flooding, no access to the hospital for his dialysis.

I don't have all that much money myself, my husband and I struggle to make it check to check. I want to do what I can for her family. I have some clothes I will donate, and have made a bunch of beaded jewelry to sell as well.

Since it's too hot to run the oven unless necessary, I was thinking about making a bunch of microwave caramel corn for the bake sale. Does anyone have any good recipes? Or, any other ideas? Puppy chow is already being made.

Thanks!!

Try the cake mix cookie thread, very easy to make, cheap, and tons of variations all good! But yes you have to run the oven.. but not for long.
The caramel corn we made you had to melt brown sugar and butter in a sauce pan first, then put the corn into a brown paper bag, pour over the melted mixture, then shake it all up real good. Take it out, spread on a cookie sheet to cool and crumble apart so it doesn't end up in one solid piece.
What about caramel apples? That might go over good. If it is hot, a lemon aid stand or ice tea stand would probably be a good idea.

Get a couple of pork roasts or beef roasts whatever is on sale ((talk to the manager at your local grocery store, tell him what you're doing and ask if could discount or maybe even donate some meat) , cook it in crock pots until they are tender, shred them, drain off most of the liquid, add some kc materpiece bbq sauce. Get a bunch of buns at your local bakery thrift store and sell bbq sandwiches. You can even get bags of chips at Sam's club. Make some sweet tea and sell dinners. When people smell them, they'll go quick.

Get a couple of pork roasts or beef roasts whatever is on sale ((talk to the manager at your local grocery store, tell him what you're doing and ask if could discount or maybe even donate some meat) , cook it in crock pots until they are tender, shred them, drain off most of the liquid, add some kc materpiece bbq sauce. Get a bunch of buns at your local bakery thrift store and sell bbq sandwiches. You can even get bags of chips at Sam's club. Make some sweet tea and sell dinners. When people smell them, they'll go quick.

:LOL: This is a GREAT idea...except for the fact that a few blocks away is "Hog Wild Days"...

HogWildDays

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom