Help - frozen chicken!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Proud_Mama07

Assistant Cook
I found a receipe for a Chicken and Rice Bake and all of my chicken breasts at home are frozen! The bake takes about 45 minutes to cook, what is an easy and FAST way to dethaw 2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts (Medium in size)?!?!? Its 3:41 pm and my little girl will be hungry by 6:30 pm at the lastest and I dont get home until about 5:00pm!!!!!:wacko:

Hi and Welcome to DC. Personally I would just thaw them using the microwave. I usually put it on defrost and turn the meat over a couple of time during the process to get more even defrosting. If there is no defrost, I use 2 minute intervals, turning the meat over between intervals.

A third way would be to put them in the refrigerator to thaw for tomorrow and make something else today.:LOL:

If they are still wrapped. Immerse them in a pot of cold water.
It shouldn't take too long to defrost.

Do you have an aluminum pan? Put them in that

To expand on what jenny said........I always quick defrost chicken breasts by running very hot water over my aluminum cookie sheet (air bake kind works best). Run very hot water over the breasts for a couple of minutes, and place on cookie sheet. Every now and then turn them over, you can run hot water over the whole thing, but it likely won't take more than 15- 20 min. to defrost them this way. There's something about the aluminum making the magic happen...I don't claim to understand it, but it works for defrosting any meat. I get much better results than using the microwave for defrosting.

To expand on what jenny said........I always quick defrost chicken breasts by running very hot water over my aluminum cookie sheet (air bake kind works best). Run very hot water over the breasts for a couple of minutes, and place on cookie sheet. Every now and then turn them over, you can run hot water over the whole thing, but it likely won't take more than 15- 20 min. to defrost them this way. There's something about the aluminum making the magic happen...I don't claim to understand it, but it works for defrosting any meat. I get much better results than using the microwave for defrosting.

I do something similar to your cookie sheet idea. I place the item, usually in a zip bag in my stainless steel sink. The metal of the sink wicks away the cold and things thaw much quicker. When I go into the kitchen, I turn the item over and sometimes run hot water over it, at least to remove any frost.

I do something similar to your cookie sheet idea. I place the item, usually in a zip bag in my stainless steel sink. The metal of the sink wicks away the cold and things thaw much quicker. When I go into the kitchen, I turn the item over and sometimes run hot water over it, at least to remove any frost.

Or on an upside down cast iron pot.

Oh! I was thinking about the dribbles of sweat from the package being caught in the pot.

We got the idea from a TV ad. They were selling a metal plate for defrosting food. We figured a heavy piece of iron would be great. Metals conduct heat well, so they "absorb cold" well.

We got the idea from a TV ad. They were selling a metal plate for defrosting food. We figured a heavy piece of iron would be great. Metals conduct heat well, so they "absorb cold" well.

So iron works too, TL? Good to know, I thought it was just aluminum. Yep, I remember that ripoff made for TV ad too. Very handy to have a metal sink Z!

I would give them a few minutes in the microwave and slice them up even if they are still a bit frozen. I'm pretty confident that they would cook through in the oven for the recommended time of the recipe. To help them cook through easier, you can slice the pieces very thin. Chicken breast meat is probably one of the easiest and fastest meats to cook through.

I defrost on my all clad grill pan. it does speed things up enormously.

Back
Top Bottom