Help, I can't find my recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

betterthanabox

Senior Cook
Hey guys, I am having a hard time. I recently came across a recipe for a slow cooker breakfast. All I can remember is that it cooked in 8-10 hours, perfect for waking up to a hot breakfast. It looked really good, and I have been scouring my house looking in old magazines, but must have tossed it. What slow cooker breakfast recipes do you guys turn to? I am getting so sick of cereal in the morning. Thanks in advance for all your help!

I have never heard of slow-cooker breakfasts, I'm intrigued to see what recipes folks have.

How does a ham and apple breakfast sound.?Place 1 4=5lb ham in slow cooker Arrange on 5 peeled and sliced granny smith aooles. In small bowl mix 4 T melted butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 2 Tab dry mustard. Mix til blended and drizzle over ham and apples in slow coker. Cover and cook on low 10 hrs or overnight.To serve remove ham with slotted spoon remove apples to platter let ham cool before slicing. Thia serves 10-12 but you can reduce size and it's great with scrambled eggs. enjoy
kadesma

I have had this one for awhile but I haven't tried it yet.

Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
1 (32 ounce) bag frozen hash brown potatoes
1 pound bacon diced, cooked and drained, or 1 pound cooked ham, cubed
1 medium diced onion
1 green bell pepper diced
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar or Monterey jack cheese
1 dozen eggs
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper (more or less to taste)
Place a layer of frozen potatoes on the bottom of the crock pot
, followed by a layer of bacon then onions, green pepper and cheese. Repeat the layering process two or three more times, ending with a layer of cheese.
Beat the eggs, milk and salt and pepper together. Pour over the Crockpot mixture, cover and turn on LOW. Cook for 10 to 12 hours.

Back
Top Bottom