Help. I'm home alone with no dinner!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

groceries

Assistant Cook
Hello. I am new to these forums. I am 16 years old and I have been given the house for the weekend. I do not want to simply heat up a frozen dinner, as that would be cliche. I am looking for a simple, but appetizing meal. Do any of you crafty chef's have any ideas? Thank you very much. :-p

First thing I have to ask is- what is in the cupboards and freezer. And what are you allowed, meaning that your parents would not mind you eating. BTW, Welcome!!!!!

after looking at everything, i think i've got it. I'm going to grilll a chicken breast and cook some peas and corn. sounds good. thanx anyway though. I look forward to postin on this forum and learnin some new tips.

Sounds to me like you got it goin' on, Gr...
You are the same age as my grandson, who lives with us because his parents have died. He can cook a little, but he would be heating up something frozen or making a sandwich.

Good for you!

Groceries, I'm proud of you. The only thing "wrong" with your meal (and it isn't very wrong) is that both peas and corn are starches. You need a salad or non-starchy veg of some kind. But you didn't give in and junk out, which most folk I know your age would, and eat something like microwaved nachos or call in a pizza. Good for you!!

Back
Top Bottom