Help me make dinner for my sweetie~

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gamer.in.the.Kitchen

Assistant Cook
I've got some boneless pork chops and the stuff to make a simple pan gravy with mushrooms. I'm baking potatoes and making spinach salad for the side. Baked apples for dessert.

Unfortunately, I'm not so sure how best to cook the pork chops. :wacko:

One of my most popular dishes is pork chops in mushroom herb gravy. I fry the chops and put them aside where they will stay warm. Then I add some butter to the pan and fry the mushrooms a bit and then I sprinkle some flour and fry for a couple of minutes ('til the flour and butter has turned into a roux). I sprinkle fines herbes, herbes de provence, or a nice mix of minced fresh herbs. Then I deglaze with milk. Be sure to get all the yummy brown stuff off the pan. Then I put the chops and accumulated juices back into the pan and stir. That's all. If I used a pretty frying pan, I serve it out of the pan. Very yummy.

Sweet and sour baked pork chops for your sweeties is nice.
Better with mashed potatoes. Make a thin gravy from the pan drippings.

Preheat your oven to 350
Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil
place the chops single layer on the sheet.
Salt and pepper them if you want.

In a medium sized bowl mix the following until it's thick, but your still able to drizzle it over the chops easily.

1/2 Cup dark brown sugar
1Cup honey
1-2 Tablespoons of lemon juice. Mix it all up and shake it all about :LOL: ( Set it aside)

Bake your chops for about 30 minutes. Halfway through cooking start drizzling the honey glaze over them. Turn them often. You want the glaze to darken.

To make the gravy add just a little bit of water to the cooking sheet, and mix it and the pan drippings together. It's going to be a little thin, but it's ok..

Have fun.

Munky.

Don't worry about the chops. Make sure your baked apples turn out perfectly and you'll be fine. The hardest part of dinner for you will be your mind wandering back to your gamer joystick instead of focused on your sweetheart.

Welcome to DC!

All of those recipes sound fantastic, however be sure to brine your chops first. It's such an important first step for perfect pork chops, and it only takes an hr or two before you start.

Don't worry about the chops. Make sure your baked apples turn out perfectly and you'll be fine. The hardest part of dinner for you will be your mind wandering back to your gamer joystick instead of focused on your sweetheart.

Welcome to DC!

I've always been pretty good at baking apples. I stuff them with brown sugar, butter and chopped pecans

Luckily, we're both proud gamers so we'll probably bust out the PS2 or GC after dinner.

One of my most popular dishes is pork chops in mushroom herb gravy. I fry the chops and put them aside where they will stay warm. Then I add some butter to the pan and fry the mushrooms a bit and then I sprinkle some flour and fry for a couple of minutes ('til the flour and butter has turned into a roux). I sprinkle fines herbes, herbes de provence, or a nice mix of minced fresh herbs. Then I deglaze with milk. Be sure to get all the yummy brown stuff off the pan. Then I put the chops and accumulated juices back into the pan and stir. That's all. If I used a pretty frying pan, I serve it out of the pan. Very yummy.

That sounds DYNAMITE and so simple too!

Thank you all for the wonderful tips! Dinner went wonderfully! My sweetie said that I made the best pork chops she had ever tasted~

I marinated the chops overnight in a mixture of Worcestershire sauce, mustard, ginger, garlic, chicken stock, apple sauce, honey and rice vinegar. I pan-fried them in olive oil and made pan gravy with the drippings (I even used a little of the marinade, a nichols nursery herb blend, a little bit of bacon fat and a spoonful of sour cream). I served the chops with baked potatoes and spinach salad ... I forgot the mushrooms, sadly. Also my mother ate my baking apples, so we had vanilla ice cream for dessert.

I marinated the chops overnight in a mixture of Worcestershire sauce, mustard, ginger, garlic, chicken stock, apple sauce, honey and rice vinegar. I pan-fried them in olive oil and made pan gravy with the drippings (I even used a little of the marinade, a nichols nursery herb blend, a little bit of bacon fat and a spoonful of sour cream). I served the chops with baked potatoes and spinach salad ... I forgot the mushrooms, sadly. Also my mother ate my baking apples, so we had vanilla ice cream for dessert.

Sounds yummy.

Another option is to stand the chops on end and slice so you have two thin chops for each chop. Then beat the living daylights out of them, and use in any schnitzel-type dish you might have a recipe for.

Or, if you're splitting them, don't go all the way through, and stuff them. My favorite would be a thin slice of really good ham, and a slice of a good swiss or similar cheese. Then bread and sautee (if you happen to have a bit of sage on hand, a sprinkle goes well, either in the "stuffing" or in the breading (fresh in the stuffing, dry in the breading.

Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

Another option is to stand the chops on end and slice so you have two thin chops for each chop. Then beat the living daylights out of them, and use in any schnitzel-type dish you might have a recipe for.

Or, if you're splitting them, don't go all the way through, and stuff them. My favorite would be a thin slice of really good ham, and a slice of a good swiss or similar cheese. Then bread and sautee (if you happen to have a bit of sage on hand, a sprinkle goes well, either in the "stuffing" or in the breading (fresh in the stuffing, dry in the breading.

Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

I'll try that next time I make chops!

pan-fried pork chops

I like to season my pork chops with salt, pepper, and coat them with either white corn meal or italian bread crumb seasonings then pan fry them. Sometimes I'll top it off with a little bit of soy sauce at the end.

Back
Top Bottom