"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 12-22-2010, 08:45 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

Help me make dinner for my sweetie~

I've got some boneless pork chops and the stuff to make a simple pan gravy with mushrooms. I'm baking potatoes and making spinach salad for the side. Baked apples for dessert.

Unfortunately, I'm not so sure how best to cook the pork chops.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:15 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
One of my most popular dishes is pork chops in mushroom herb gravy. I fry the chops and put them aside where they will stay warm. Then I add some butter to the pan and fry the mushrooms a bit and then I sprinkle some flour and fry for a couple of minutes ('til the flour and butter has turned into a roux). I sprinkle fines herbes, herbes de provence, or a nice mix of minced fresh herbs. Then I deglaze with milk. Be sure to get all the yummy brown stuff off the pan. Then I put the chops and accumulated juices back into the pan and stir. That's all. If I used a pretty frying pan, I serve it out of the pan. Very yummy.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:13 AM   #3
Cupcake

I second the suggestion by TaxLady. Welcome to DC and let us know how your dinner turns out!
Old 12-23-2010, 12:28 AM   #4
Honey Badger

Sweet and sour baked pork chops for your sweeties is nice.
Better with mashed potatoes. Make a thin gravy from the pan drippings.

Preheat your oven to 350
Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil
place the chops single layer on the sheet.
Salt and pepper them if you want.

In a medium sized bowl mix the following until it's thick, but your still able to drizzle it over the chops easily.

1/2 Cup dark brown sugar
1Cup honey
1-2 Tablespoons of lemon juice. Mix it all up and shake it all about ( Set it aside)

Bake your chops for about 30 minutes. Halfway through cooking start drizzling the honey glaze over them. Turn them often. You want the glaze to darken.

To make the gravy add just a little bit of water to the cooking sheet, and mix it and the pan drippings together. It's going to be a little thin, but it's ok..

Have fun.

Munky.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:04 AM   #5
Head Chef

Don't worry about the chops. Make sure your baked apples turn out perfectly and you'll be fine. The hardest part of dinner for you will be your mind wandering back to your gamer joystick instead of focused on your sweetheart.

Welcome to DC!
Old 12-23-2010, 11:20 AM   #6
Everymom

kadesma is the master IMO. Here is her recipe that is TNT and delicious!
Old 12-23-2010, 01:11 PM   #7
Master Chef

All of those recipes sound fantastic, however be sure to brine your chops first. It's such an important first step for perfect pork chops, and it only takes an hr or two before you start.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:36 PM   #8
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by spork View Post
Don't worry about the chops. Make sure your baked apples turn out perfectly and you'll be fine. The hardest part of dinner for you will be your mind wandering back to your gamer joystick instead of focused on your sweetheart.

Welcome to DC!
I've always been pretty good at baking apples. I stuff them with brown sugar, butter and chopped pecans

Luckily, we're both proud gamers so we'll probably bust out the PS2 or GC after dinner.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:38 PM   #9
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
One of my most popular dishes is pork chops in mushroom herb gravy. I fry the chops and put them aside where they will stay warm. Then I add some butter to the pan and fry the mushrooms a bit and then I sprinkle some flour and fry for a couple of minutes ('til the flour and butter has turned into a roux). I sprinkle fines herbes, herbes de provence, or a nice mix of minced fresh herbs. Then I deglaze with milk. Be sure to get all the yummy brown stuff off the pan. Then I put the chops and accumulated juices back into the pan and stir. That's all. If I used a pretty frying pan, I serve it out of the pan. Very yummy.
That sounds DYNAMITE and so simple too!
Old 12-25-2010, 10:02 PM   #10
Assistant Cook

Thank you all for the wonderful tips! Dinner went wonderfully! My sweetie said that I made the best pork chops she had ever tasted~