HELP! Need advice .....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I have a recipe for a pound cake using a 10" tube pan. I don't have any tube pans. I can use 2 (9X5) loaf pans. The tube pan cooks at 325F for 80 minutes. My question is should I cook the loaf pans at 325F for 40 minutes?

I would cook them at 325 and check them after 40 minutes and continue to check them till a toothpick comes out clean. 'Course, I don't bake cake very often.

Thanks Hoot.

I found a recipe online that said if using 9X5 loaf pan instead of tube pan cook at 350° for 1 hour and 10 minutes for loaf pans.

All right then!! Good thing to know!
Not sure it will work. I think I will just go with the 40 minutes and start checking. I will keep track to see how long it cooks and if it comes any where near the 1 hour 10 min maybe next time raise the temp.

The larger tube pan would cook better at a lower temp. I agree you could raise the temp for to loaf pans. Check other pound cake recipes for time and temp.

I just checked a bunch of pound cake recipes I have and they all say 325ºF for loaf or tube. One that's just for loaf pans says 70-80 minutes.

Not sure it will work. I think I will just go with the 40 minutes and start checking. I will keep track to see how long it cooks and if it comes any where near the 1 hour 10 min maybe next time raise the temp.
Let us know how it works. If the DH were around, I could get him to figure out whether it would work or not--he does that for me when I want to use a different pan size than the one for which the recipe was developed.

I have a recipe for a pound cake using a 10" tube pan. I don't have any tube pans. I can use 2 (9X5) loaf pans. The tube pan cooks at 325F for 80 minutes. My question is should I cook the loaf pans at 325F for 40 minutes?
Are the loaf pans as deep as the tube pan? I guess you wouldn't know since you don't have one--anyone?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom