"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking
Old 05-16-2011, 10:10 AM   #51
Executive Chef
Originally Posted by ella/TO View Post
TeeHee...you crack me up BDF......have you ever tried "potatonik"...(pudding) in chicken soup?....one Yum after another......also, my hubby taught me to eat Matzabrie with sour cream....
Ella we were so poor as children the chicken soup didn't have chicken in it never mind potatonik which sounds like a training aid for apprentice Mohels.
Matzabrie mitt smetana! Ella you must be rolling in gelt I bet your husbands Kittel was silk mitt gold trimmings

I was married by a judge, I should have asked for a jury.
Bolas De Fraile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:07 AM   #52
Assistant Cook
My last post was really quick becuase of time constraints.

I went Saturday and pre-made all of my breakfast casseroles - 4 pans in total. I cooked all the sausage and then flattened out the thawed out frozen biscuits. It took me 2 hours or so. I spent about an hour experimenting with the monkey bread taste - and got it done.

On Sunday morning, me and my guys put together the monkey bread.

I noticed that with doing breakfast this way - clean up was VERY easy. Making everything in advance really saved a lot of time.

So, that being said - I hope to create the same scenario this weekend. I am going to church on Saturday and going to make the stuffed french toast recipe.

However, I need something else simplistic - because just about all of my team is going to be out of town - in fact, there is a slight chance it could just be me donig all of the prep for 80 people.

Without repeating last week, what else could I do that would be simple?

kf4qhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:12 AM   #53
Executive Chef
for your "regular" breakfast dish "offering" : ) --may i suggest one of my recently rediscovered favorites: farina, cooked with all milk, touch of salt and vanilla extract, with BROWNED unsalted butter, and wells of brown sugar and/or favorite fruit preserves. this is so simple, quick and inexpensive to whip up--very conducive for serving whole bunches of people, too. best of all, you won't believe the wondrous blending of the extraordinary flavors--sooo good, so satisfying, so lip-smackingly surprisingly rewardng. p.s. good luck, and i hope you try this sometime at home for yourself, even if you do not choose to use the dish for your church presentation. best regards, vitauta
vitauta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:31 AM   #54
Master Chef
i say make to order omlets and pancakes, go for it.
You are what you eat.
CharlieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:52 PM   #55
Head Chef
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
i say make to order omlets and pancakes, go for it.
You trying to get him to commit suicide or get himself lynched by a hoard of hungry people?
medtran49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:11 PM   #56
Assistant Cook
What about a strata? Eggs, bread and cheese with a little meat. It is so yummy and fairly economical to make. You could also try making oatmeal in the slow cooker. Hope that helps!
My Cooking Blog:
thischickcooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:02 PM   #57
Ogress Supreme
Site Administrator
Made to order omelets are not that bad...but you need at least 5 people with burners and pans going.

PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote