HELP needed - moink balls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jabbur

Master Chef
Okay, these were mentioned in a thread recently and I thought they sounded interesting. I have all the stuff to make them. Looking online, all I can find is how to smoke them. This is a problem for me since I don't own a smoker or charcoal grill. I have a gas grill or a broiler in the oven. Those are my options for cooking. I was also thinking I might so them up more as kabobs on skewers instead of individually. Any advice would be appreciated. If there is a way to smoke them with a gas grill, I'd be up for that if someone can tell me how to do it.

mods-feel free to move if need be.

Last edited:
Okay, these were mentioned in a thread recently and I thought they sounded interesting. I have all the stuff to make them. Looking online, all I can find is how to smoke them. This is a problem for me since I don't own a smoker or charcoal grill. I have a gas grill or a broiler in the oven. Those are my options for cooking. I was also thinking I might so them up more as kabobs on skewers instead of individually. Any advice would be appreciated. If there is a way to smoke them with a gas grill, I'd be up for that if someone can tell me how to do it.

mods-feel free to move if need be.

Take the grill grate and splatter shield off one end burner and place a foil packet of soaked chips on the burner. Light it to get the smoke going. Arrange the MBs over indirect heat and go.

Take the grill grate and splatter shield off one end burner and place a foil packet of soaked chips on the burner. Light it to get the smoke going. Arrange the MBs over indirect heat and go.

Turn off the smoke alarm!:LOL:

Do I light the grill or the wood? I'm assuming the grill but then I can be kind of dense. What setting should I have the grill on? Med or Low? Should I wait for a certain temp to be achieved before putting the food on?

Light one grill burner and set the foil pack of soaked chips over it. The gas flame will ignite the chips to make smoke. Start the one burner on high to get the smoke started the add the food on the other side of the grill and turn the gas down so you can achieve a temperature for cooking the MBs.

Thanks Andy. I'm going shopping today for new sheets and other things for the house so maybe I'll pick up some wood chips for smoking. I'd like to try these this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom