Help needed to search for ziti pie recipe posted here in the past

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larry_stewart

Master Chef
Hi,
Maybe about 6 months ago ( just guessing) there was a recipe posted here on DC . Ill give a brief description. The ziti was cooked, then tossed with cheese. Then each individual ziti was lined up ( vertically) in a springform pan. A sauce was then spread on top ( seeping into each ziti hole). Then baked. I tried doing a search, but came up empty. If someone could help me locate this recipe it would be greatly appreciated. I made it about 6 months ago. The taste was nothing unique, but the presentation was kinda cool, and id like to bring it to a potluck im going to tonight.

Larry

Oh, I have to make this one next time I cook for our youth group. I am always finding different casseroles for them. My turn was yesterday so I have another 2 months to play around with this!

Thanks Hoot, Larry, and anyone else involved!

Its really cool. From a taste point of view, its basically baked ziti. But from a presentation point of view, its unique. I only did it once, with no problems ( following the recipe), but , i must say it was tedious standing all the ziti's on end ( not difficult, just a pain in the #$%). The only thing i do remember is that it was a little dry, so not a bad idea to serve with sauce on the side for those who want it.

Back
Top Bottom