Help! What are some good freezer dinners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pasta's freeze very well. You could put a low fat spinach lasagna partially baked into the freezer. Soups also freeze well, including chili.

You could make up some pulled chicken BBQ, Home made pot pies.. etc.

I agree that the potatoes get a little mushy, but that's the only vegetable I've had a problem with when freezing soups. Mashed potatoes freeze fine, though.

Any pasta or rice based casserole freezes well, as do cabbage rolls, stuffed peppers, pot pies, fillings for tacos, enchiladas and such, cooked meats in gravy.
When you find ground beef on sale, you can make it up into meat loaves and hamburger patties and freeze. Then all you have to do is thaw and cook.

If you buy some food trays with compartments, you can make individual meals from leftovers, label and put in the freezer to use as needed.

One thing I like to do is when hamburger is on sale, I'll buy a lot. I bring it home and brown it up. Then I package it in 1-1/2 cup portions and freeze. Then I can add it to any casserole or sauce or soup just by microwaving it for a quick meal. I use it for spaghetti, taco meat, several of my standard casseroles that call for ground beef, sloppy joes. I also make up meatloaf and salsibury steaks, form them freeze them and then just thaw and cook. Lasagne is a good freezer meal. I'll buy all the fixings and get the aluminum lasagne pans. I can spend a whole day making pans of it then freeze them. One thing to mention, if you're freezing a tomato based dish, be sure to put a layer of plastic wrap between the food and aluminum foil. The acid of the tomatos will eat tiny holes in the foil and lead to freezer burn.

That's a pretty good idea about precooking hamburger before freezing. Get all the grease out before adding it to your dish.

Freezing

I like making homemade chicken pot pies. I buy frozen pie crusts that do not have trans fats-sometimes they offer whole wheat. I usually make 4 pies at once and freeze for an easy meal.

CURRY.

Make curry, freeze in individual ziploc baggies. Thaw, reheat, add to rice, enjoy.

Soup r0x as frozen too, IMO. Although I've still got some celery-stilton soup from LAST YEAR chilling in my fridge. I need to get that out of there, way past gone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom