Help with Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SueBoo

Assistant Cook
The first thing I should state is that this is actually a recipe for homemade dog food - a bit random I know :)

Hopefully this shouldn't make a difference as my questions are based on the recipe itself and not who is going to eat it. However I have no cooking experience so hopefully someone can be of assistance.

My ingredients are as follows to make 6kg's of food:

3.6 kg chicken (Lightly steamed)
1.4 kg potato (Flash cooked to aid digestion)
All other ingredients chopped and added raw
0.5 kg carrots
0.1 kg cabbage
0.1kg green beans
0.1 kg apples
0.1kg banana
0.085kg spinach
Flaxseed 0.005kg
Parsley
Basil
My questions is - if you were preparing this meal, how would you decide how much Parsley and Basil to add per kg of food, and are these the right herbs to compliment this chicken and potato based dish?
PS if you are used to working in lbs I am happy to do the conversions myself ;)

That's about 8 lbs of chicken, I would use 1/2 cup each of fresh chopped parsley and basil.

Welcome to DC, we cook/bake for dogs, too!

hi sue
welcome from manchester uk.
in the words of the song"parsley,sage,rosemary & thyme" all classically work with chicken & potatoes.think i'd lose the basil & the bananas!!.
half a cup of each(less of the sage-it's a bit of a thug!) should be about right for this quantity(half again if you are using dried herbs)
lucky dog!
harry

Hi Sue, welcome to DC. You might want to add rosemary, beets (raw), and blueberries.

I'm wondering if the rosemary would be too pungent for a dog.

SueBoo, I would only use about 1/4 cup of minced rosemary, it's a heavier flavor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom