Help with roasted nuts--Please!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bakerroo

Assistant Cook
I would love to know how to make roasted/toasted almonds with a light powdered coating (i.e. Blue Diamond Vanilla Almonds or Emerald Cocoa Roasted Almonds). I have searched all over looking for a way to keep the coating on the nuts very smooth and "powdery" vs. thick and chunky. Any help you can give me would be appreciated as I have wasted many pounds of almonds trying to get this right! Thanks.

Without investing in a few hundred thousand dollars or more for the specialized machinery I find it much easier to just purchase them already in the can.

Hello Bakeroo! I have a recipe that I used many times.
Chocolate Covered Nuts:
2 cups raw nuts; 2 cups sugar; 1 cup water; 2 tablespoons powdered chocolate;
1 teaspoon baking powder.
In a small pan mix all ingredients. Over medium heat (utilizing a wooden spoon) stir mixture constantly until thick and the nuts are covered with chocolate (I remember this process takes quite a few minutes, so, be patient and keep mixing.) Let the nuts cool completely before eating. This tastes exactly like the ones I used to eat in Brazil, and if you ever had a change to stop by a "Bavarian Nut" you will notice the liquid mixture they use for their nuts, of course they have a pan that will mix the nuts mechanically. Enjoy! P.S. I once also made my own mixture adding cinnamon and vanilla.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom