Help with white wine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can usually pick up 4 packs of popular California wine splits at the supermarket. That way you don't have to either drink it or have an open bottle of wine hanging around the house forever. Sutter Home Chardonnay might be a good choice with chicken.

189052199_100x100.jpg

Ditto and we always swap out two bottles for red!;) So we always have red and white for cooking.

Craig

jennyema said:
Have you ever seen a wine aroma wheel? Cat urine is there and figures rather forwardly in some sauvignon blancs. And not in a bad way.

A lot of odd aromas found in wine.

Wow! I had no idea!

I ended up buying Lucky Duck Sauvignon Blanc from Walmart. The only white wine I like to drink is Moscato and that wouldn't work. Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I will play around with various white wines until I find one I love. I'll have to find this Monkey Bay everyone is talking about.

Julia Child recommends if you're not a wine drinker, pick up a bottle of dry vermouth. It's a fortified wine that will last a long time once opened. Regular white wines will not.

I second this. and pretty much, I use dry white Vermouth (Noilly Prat, preferably) instead of white wine in most recipes.

Back
Top Bottom