"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 01-14-2009, 10:02 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

Smile Hi!!!

I posted an intro thread a while ago, and now I really want your input. I am 14 and very passionate about cooking. I want to know what you think and would really like advice about moving into the food world. I intern at a restaraunt, but besides that and a few competitions there isn't to much to do at a young age in the food world. So I got kinda got creative and want to know what you think. Please visit my website and let me know. Thanks
www.tannerodell.com

Thanks!!

Old 01-14-2009, 10:28 PM   #2
Head Chef

This is a time of your life for learning and experiencing. You've still got quite a few years of that before you come to the decision for your future. Don't put the blinders on this early in your life or you lose sight of the other roads you are supposed to follow, whether food-related or not.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:36 PM   #3
Assistant Cook

Oh trust me, I know that this is my future. It's a passion that will lead me to culinary school after high school. I work at the zoo in the summers, and want to experience everything possible, but I will always come back to my amazing food.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:52 PM   #4
Head Chef

I'm 65 and lived life that you will probably never comprehend. "Trust you" that you know your future? No. But you think you know and I guess you really don't want anybody's input so I wonder why you asked the question.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:02 AM   #5
Assistant Cook

sorry I came off like that, but I do want input...on food. I know what I want in my life, so i'm just going toward that dream. I really do want peoples input and advice, but in the food buisness since that is what I'm interested in. I love entertaining and cooking, so i look forward to hearing from some other people also. That's why i'm on this site!

Tags
lincoln, nebraska, o'dell, tanner, websites