Hmmm...what to serve at the local bar.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jared_mizanin

Assistant Cook
So far this month, I've made three specials at the family bar (Italian Burgers cooked on the outdoor grille with steak fries; Pork Chops with Scalloped Potatoes & Green Beans; and Salisbury Steak with Broccoli and Mashed Potatoes & Gravy). They've all sold out :)

Question is, what should I serve next? I noticed some Ground Chicken at the local supermarket and was wondering if Ground Chicken Burgers could be a hit if I found a nifty recipe and cooked them outdoors on the grille. I wonder what would go well with them as a side?

Or perhaps some kind of marinated chicken breast, grilled...again with a side dish to be named.

Any thoughts?

chicken sliders with wasabi mayo? steak fries again? sprinkle with some salt/5 spice powder?

either would be good served on a toasted bun with lettuce, tomato, mayo, and maybe a pasta or potato salad on the side.

for ground chicken burgers, blend chopped sundried tomatoes, fresh thyme, dried oregano, fennel seed, and chopped dried cranberries, then make them juicy lucy's by stuffing with jack cheese, or a good melting cheese..
serve on a toasted bun with lettuce, tomato, and pickles.

or, mix eggwhites, a little milk, breadcrumbs, thyme, minced shallots, and an egg with the ground chicken, form into patties, grill, and top with grilled canadian bacon, red onion, and bbq sauce on a toasted bun.

for breasts (can we add tags? lol), who doesn't like balsamic vinegar, evoo, and mediterranean seasoned marinated grilled chicken breasts. bone in or bone out, sides are really easy with this one. a greek bean and feta salad, maybe potatoes with evoo, garlic, oregano and lemon,
or an italian margerita salad of sliced mozzarella and tomato, and a side of pasta.

hth. :chef:

I think you'd be better of doing turkey burgers as they're easier to handle and already have public acceptance unlike chicken burgers.
Based on the 3 specials you've done, others that might fit in as specials are:
Fish & chips with tartar sauce
Shepherd's pie with peas and additional mashed spuds
Irish stew with Brussels sprouts and roast spuds
King Ranch casserole, for which there are lots of recipes online
Meat loaf with roast broccoli and fingerling potatoes

Why don't you turn your ground chicken or turkey into Hawaiian style meatballs, with a sweet and sour sauce, and pineapple and sweet pepper pieces. You can make a good sauce by mixing grape jelly with Heinz Chili sauce and simmer until blended. Pour over browned meatballs, add pineapple and peppers, and serve out of a crock pot or electric skillet. Serve with fried rice or rice pilaf.

I think you'd be better of doing turkey burgers as they're easier to handle and already have public acceptance unlike chicken burgers.
Based on the 3 specials you've done, others that might fit in as specials are:
Fish & chips with tartar sauce
Shepherd's pie with peas and additional mashed spuds
Irish stew with Brussels sprouts and roast spuds
King Ranch casserole, for which there are lots of recipes online
Meat loaf with roast broccoli and fingerling potatoes

I would think that chicken burgers would have a better public acceptance than shepherd's pie or irish stew, which are made with lamb that many Americans don't like.

Bucky's chicken burgers sound good. He makes a good point about keeping them moist, as ground chicken is so lean. I think I'll try that with ground turkey next time it's on sale.

I'm not sure what your customer base is, but pasta goes well with booze, so any baked pasta would probably be a hit. How about something tex-mex? Fajitas since you have a grill and some spanish rice would probably appeal to most bar patrons.

Why not try chicken sausage... You don't need casings, just roll them in saran wrap and poach them, then you can throw them on the grill and brown them up... Serve them with peppers and onions on a hoagie roll...

Pound the chicken breasts thin, toss on the grill( don't overcook) and slather on some BBQ sauce. Flip, slather on more sauce and top with crumbled blue cheese( or cheese of choice) and serve on a toasted bun with lettuce, tomato, onion and mayo, with a side of fries

Back
Top Bottom