Home Made Potato Chips - storing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Lazy Person's Method of Obtaining Homemade Chips

1. Get into car
2. Drive 5 miles to nearest Zaxby's restaurant (wings & things kinda chain restaurant.....here in the South, but not sure of their borders....)
3. Order basket of homemade chips......then think better and order another
4. Eat one box of the still warm chips in the car on the way home
5. Be thankful you had the insight to buy Box #2
:ROFLMAO:

Of course, this method won't work for everyone, nor will it work all the time for even those of us within 5 miles of a Zaxby's, but it suuuuure works in a pinch! :LOL:

Should be a problem

I would ziplock and refridgerate them. I know people are probably saying, what refrigerate, but all you need to do is that them out some time in advance and they should be just like new. Make sure and let me know how they turn out if you try it!

I don't know about homemade potato chips, but the commercial kind can be stored in the freezer. Yes, the freezer. Try it, you might be suprised.;)

it might be an idea to see if you can hold of some silica gel dessicant packets, they come in all sorts of things and I keep all of mine just for such things.

at a push you might be able to put some ordinary salt in some cheese cloth and tie it up, then put it in the ziplock baggy, it should absorb Some of the moisture and maybe buy you an extra day or 2.

EDIT: if you wanted to get Mega-Technical, you could always go to a welding supplies shop and buy a bottle of Argon gas, it`s just as good as Nitrogen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom