"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 01-20-2011, 02:53 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

Home Packaging

Hi! I have an odd request that you all hopefully have a much better understanding then myself. Over the years, my mother has baked her homemade Chex Mix using her own recipe to pass out to friends and family. I want to expand this idea, but have no real means to packaging it other then a zip lock bag. I couldn't find any machines online to purchase to professional package homeage chips (in my case chex mix), so is there anyone here that could point me in the right direction?

Old 01-20-2011, 06:04 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I packaged the batch I made for Christmas in a couple of gallon zips, then for some to munch on I put in a lidded container to keep it fresh. Like a Glad container, but $ store price.

One idea would be a decorative tin or even an attractive box, just put the sealed baggie inside to keep it fresh.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:07 PM   #3
Head Chef

One presentation that might work inexpensively would be to wrap the cookies in plastic wrap or similar and use inexpensive baskets. A little creativity should make a very appealing presentation.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:09 PM   #4
Head Chef

Food savers can seal without vacuum sealing or with just pulling a little air out. With a pretty label or paper wrapper (think cardboard coffee cup sleeve but around a bag) it would be cute and personable.